Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 7th, 2001, 11:41 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Should I prebook excursions?

Hi!
I am new to cruising and wondering if I should prebook the excursions I want to go on ahead of time or should I just do it once on the ship or at the port?
We are wanting to go to Sting Ray City in Cayman, Dolphin Swim in Cozumel, and maybe Dr. Cove's Beach in Montego Bay or if you have any other suggestions of great things to do at any of these locations it would be much appreciated. By the way, husband & I are taking our 2 girls ages 4 & 13. thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old June 8th, 2001, 10:02 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Should I prebook excursions?

Hi Darlene,
By all means pre-book if there are excersions you really want to do. Some of the more popular ones fill up quickly. Definately do the Sting Ray city tour in Grand Cayman, its a gas. I hear the dolphin swim is also great and that you really have to pre-book to get in. Here is a link that has some info on that:
<http://www.xcaretcancun.com/>
You can also take a taxi over to Chankanaab Park in Cozumel for some snorkeling.
What ship are you cruising on?

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old June 9th, 2001, 09:01 PM
Ug

Default go to www.dolphindiscovery.com

The Xcaret site is on the Mainland. "http://www.dolphindiscovery.com" is a $8. Cab ride from where the Ship ties up in Cozumel. Did it back in October and it was Incredible!!! Anyone questions just email me. Book this ASAP, cause it sells out quick.

As for the Sting Ray Swim, no problem booking that once you get on the Ship. You can also book this right at the Tender Pier from a few other Companies. Little cheaper, but you get to meet more fellow Curise passengers by booking through the Ship. I paid $34. on the ship and could have got the same thing for $25 on the pier.
Old June 14th, 2001, 02:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: go to www.dolphindiscovery.com

Leaving on June 23 on Celebration to mentioned ports. Dolphin thing sounds cool but how much $$$ ? We will have our 17 year old daughter on board. Thanks for any other tips about where and what and saving $....
Old June 15th, 2001, 04:05 PM
Cruise Maniac

Darlene,
From my own experience I would not book any excursions through the ship. They are expensive and you can do the same things through the dozens of tour guides that are waiting for you when you leave the ship. The ship will encourage that you book through them but we saw for ourselves that it isn't worth it.
Danielle
Old June 27th, 2001, 07:38 PM
First Mate

I concur with another poster's advice that you should always book the cruise line's excursions (1) on the poorer islands (possibly Montego Bay?) where safety may be an issue; or (2) if time constraints are tight, and you would worry about missing the ship if your excursion took too long. With that advice, Grand Cayman would certainly be fine for booking independently if you find something that interests you. I can't comment on Cozumel since when we were there the weather was so bad that the excursions were cancelled. We're going back to the Western Caribbean on Sensation on 7/8, so perhaps this time we'll get to do something besides shop. Have fun!