Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 16th, 2001, 10:19 AM
Send a message via MSN to Erika
Default Imagination: Cozumel/PDC

Sailing 7/5 on Carnival Imagination to Key West and Cozumel/Playa Del Carmen. I'm trying to determine what to do in Cozumel. Interested in the Mayan Ruins of Tulum Tour offered by Carnival but wondering if the $68pp is overpriced. Also worried that since the tour is 6 hours long we won't have time to do any shopping. Looking for any suggestions. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old June 16th, 2001, 02:29 PM
Default Re: Imagination: Cozumel/PDC

Go. Then you will get off the ship there in PdC and take a bus to the ruins. Half-way there they stop for a "necessary break" and this place also has lots of stuff for sale. The ruins also have a few shops as well. On the return they serve beer on the bus for free. Remember that the Mexican Goverment charges $10 to bring in a video camera to the ruins. The cost is worth it IMHO as I am a history buff and love this tour. You should be back in Cozumel in the early afternoon and there is still time to go to the beach, lagoon, and shop downtown and visit Carlos & Charlies. Do not buy silver on the ferry boat. Only buy silver in shops. Enjoy, Cozumel is one of my all time favorite places.
Old June 19th, 2001, 03:00 AM
Cruise Maniac

Go do the dolphin swim I'm planning on doing that with my 13 year old daughter in Sept. I hear it's a thrill of a lifetime! Have fun! www.dolphindiscovery.com
Old June 19th, 2001, 11:32 PM

Hi, Someone told me today that they had a super time on a Jeep safari to the ruins. Four people can go per Jeep and they had a caravan of about 20 with a tour guide. Think she said it was about $70pp Just remember it will be very hot. There is a real nice park on the beach Chanaknauba (not sure spelled correct) you can taxi there for about $10 and they charge about $10pp to enter. They have good snorkelling, a nice beach with shade. Beautiful plantings and a dolphin swim. Also a pool for smaller children ( I did not see this) was told it was there. We try to go there every time we are in Cozomel. Jeri
Old June 21st, 2001, 10:35 AM
First Mate

Carlos & Charlies, spend the whole day and drink, you'll have a blast!

Old June 27th, 2001, 06:40 AM

Erika, the best thing to do in Cozumel is the sunset Cruise. You go out on the water and are entertained by the people and have all the drinks for free. They have dancing contests, pinata contests, women, and men contests. The price is all included. You tip only if you want when you leave the boat. You can do all the other things like shopping before the cruise. It is a must for adults only. Have fun. We will be there 8/11.

2001, 2004, buying, carnival, cozumel, cruise, imagination, key, pdc, silver, sunset, west