Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 16th, 2001, 09:22 AM
murray

Default Mex.Riviera

John,or anybody:
We are making the trip in july..give me a run down on the Elation-ship,services,activities and shore excursions..which you took and why yes-or no...cost basis if any...how about the room...,thanks,murray
Sponsored Links
Old June 16th, 2001, 08:38 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Mex.Riviera

Murray,

You don't ask for much My secretary is off today so I will have to keep it somewhat brief.
First PV If snorkeling is on your docket I recommend bringing your own gear. It will save you $$. Also I do not recommend Los Arcos as a snorkel location too crowded and murkey. Yelapa and places surrounding are much better overall. The ship has a tour to a near by location for $60 per(includes lunch and drinks) I no longer go through the ships tours but rather create my own through Royal Tours(they have their own Web site tell Elana Senior Booth referred you) Swimming with the Dolphins($130 per) is the best tour I have ever been on. This adventure is not offered through the ship and is extreamly limited. If you like fine dinning I recommend Cafe des Artistes in PV. The food is excellent by ANY standard, the service is fair and the atmosphere is memorable. I have also horse backed into the jungle to secluded waterfalls. This sounds idealic but it was a horses ass to me. Others really enjoyed it. This too is not offered by the ship.
In Mazatalan we always go to El Cid a huge hotel that welcomes cruisers. Have lunch in a very nice restaurant overlooking the beach and ocean. I have played golf in Mazatlan and that was fun. This year I am playing golf in Cabo. Time spent in Cabo is short, 5 hours starting at 7am. Now a must do in Cabo is going to lovers beach. There is no tour, from the ship actually goes there, they have one that takes you in a boat around it. One must go ashore and get a local boat taxi that will take one there. ($10 round trip per) The only access to this beach is via the ocean. And there is no dock one has to jump out of the boat and jump into the boat on your return. The effort required is well rewarded. The beach has two sides, one facing the Sea of Cortes and this pure white sand beach is relatively calm. The other side of the beach, oh about a 200 yard walk, faces the Pacific Ocean and has such strong rip tides swimming is forbidden. The entire beach is surrounded by 10,000 year old rocks that one may climb. Tell the water cab when to come back and pick you up and he will do so. You pay him at the end.

Hope this helps

John
Old June 18th, 2001, 09:57 AM
Cruise Maniac

John-do you have the website address for Royal Tours? I'm not coming up with anything when I do a search that would give me information on tours in Mexico. Thanks for your help!
Old June 18th, 2001, 03:35 PM
First Mate

Pam,
Yes it is royale-tours.com They have been very helpful to me.

John
Old June 20th, 2001, 07:24 AM
Passenger

John -

When are u going in July ?? I am going July 8

Greg
Old June 20th, 2001, 08:48 AM
First Mate

Greg,
I am going 26 Aug but I believe Murray is going in July. Have a great trip!

John
Old June 20th, 2001, 01:54 PM
Passenger

Murray

I am going July 8 - when are you going ???

Greg
Old June 24th, 2001, 03:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Lindsay

Be sure and go on Randi's Happy Horses in Mazatlan. You ride horses on the beach and through the mango and coconut groves. Then, afterward, you go to Victor's on the beach and have a free drink or eat their yummy shrimp and other goodies. She is a great gal and so is her tour! She has a website and lots of great good comments from people.