Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 28th, 2001, 12:42 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Senior sneak questions

My class of 16 kids are planning on going on a senior sneak next year. We have some questions, how old do you have to be to get on the topless deck, and are there any cruise lines that allow you to drink at age 18. We want to go on carnival,and these guys think it's pretty important to have alcohol. How easy is it to get it if you're not old enough to buy?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old June 28th, 2001, 01:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: Senior sneak questions

Not only will getting booze be a problem.. getting onboard will be a problem. Carnival wont allow anyone under 21 to book unless there is a 25 year old in each cabin to act as a chaperone.
But I'm sure they'd make an exception for your group just to see what a bunch of 17 and 18 year olds would do once they got on the topless deck ..

Regards,
Kuki
Old June 28th, 2001, 12:32 PM
Passenger

If you are a teacher, I hope my kids never have you in school! Teachers should not be contributing to the delinquency of their students!
Old June 28th, 2001, 04:53 PM
ssmetalmom

Why would you think this would be a teacher?
Old June 28th, 2001, 05:24 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Sallie

We went on our first cruise in 1993. Afterwards I promised never to go on another. It was the 2nd week in June and probably 2/3 of the passengers were drunk, loud, in-your-face teenagers on their senior trip. I am happy that the cruiselines took a stand and now require an adult of 25 to be in each cabin. By the way, We've been on many wonderful cruises since then and have never seen drinking teens.

Sallie
Old June 28th, 2001, 05:55 PM
Robocop

Well Jack, I hate to break the news to you but you are out of luck. First off, there has to be someone over 25 in every cabin if you have people under 21 there. Additionally no line serves booze to anyone under 21. If you are caught or make a disturbance the Capt CAN put you off in the next port and you are on your own after that. They also have a brig onboard if necessary. Nobody wants a bunch of drunk kids running around, nor are the other passengers going to tolerate it.
Jim
Old June 28th, 2001, 10:01 PM
Braves Fans

Our high school here had a senior cruise recently on Carnival. There were about 25 kids attending. There was not an adult in every room...only 2 chaperones. Also, the kids were allowed to drink. I don't know if the drinks were allowed or if the kids just got away with it somehow. Anyway, in most ports, isn't the drinking age 18? Maybe I'm wrong on this, but I thought this was true.
Old June 28th, 2001, 11:45 PM
Yeoman

Please ;let me know whem your group is cruisiing so I CAN AVOID ALL THE KIDS!!!
Old June 30th, 2001, 08:23 PM
trvljill

As far as the chaperones, my experience has been that you don't have to have someone who is 25 in the room, they just have to be travelling with you. But I don't know what the ratio is that they'd allow for how many teens and adults. Yes the drinking age in most ports is 18, I know all of the mexican stops are, I think Jamaica is, but not quite sure. As for gettting alcohol. I have seen many people under 21 who drink. Sometimes theres a bartender who'll serve under 21(I think its pretty rare though, most people wouldn't want to risk losing their jobs) but most commonly is teens befriending older passengers and either the adult buyin the teen a drink just cuase their friends or the teens give the adults the amount of money. So yes teens are able to get alcohol and drink but thats like anywhere. I'm 19, and on my past few cruises numerous people have offered to buy me drinks. So as long as teens want to drink and adults are willing to buy them drinks, this will alays remain a problem even with carnivals new rules, even though I do think it greatly reduces the problem.
Old June 30th, 2001, 08:23 PM
trvljill

As far as the chaperones, my experience has been that you don't have to have someone who is 25 in the room, they just have to be travelling with you. But I don't know what the ratio is that they'd allow for how many teens and adults. Yes the drinking age in most ports is 18, I know all of the mexican stops are, I think Jamaica is, but not quite sure. As for gettting alcohol. I have seen many people under 21 who drink. Sometimes theres a bartender who'll serve under 21(I think its pretty rare though, most people wouldn't want to risk losing their jobs) but most commonly is teens befriending older passengers and either the adult buyin the teen a drink just cuase their friends or the teens give the adults the amount of money. So yes teens are able to get alcohol and drink but thats like anywhere. I'm 19, and on my past few cruises numerous people have offered to buy me drinks. So as long as teens want to drink and adults are willing to buy them drinks, this will alays remain a problem even with carnivals new rules, even though I do think it greatly reduces the problem.
Old July 2nd, 2001, 12:45 PM
Nick Kozloff

How about you wait 2 yrs then go on a cruise.