Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 28th, 2001, 01:27 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Non-cruise shore tours-Puerto Vallarta

I've never taken a shore excursion other than the ones offered by the cruise lines. I want to go to the Dolphin Center in Puerto Vallarta, but am a little hesitant due to transportation issues. I guess we can get there by taxi or bus; has anyone done this? Is it pretty easy to get a taxi back from the Dolphin Center? Is the taxi ride scary? :-) I understand they can be pretty "exciting!" Any information is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old July 2nd, 2001, 08:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Non-cruise shore tours-Puerto Vallarta

Puerto Vallarta is very safe. The taxi's have fixed fares based on distance. I'm not famillar with the Dolphin Center but unless is is way out of town it shouldn't cost you more than a few dollars get to where you want to go. There are taxi's all over town so you won't have any problem around. Don't take the bus. They are crowded, hot and take forever to get anywhere. The ride in a Puerto Vallarta taxi isn't scary but actually kind of fun. Have fun.
Old August 2nd, 2001, 04:05 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Non-cruise shore tours-Puerto Vallarta

We recently did the Mexican Riviera cruise on the Elation and decided not to take any of the excursions offered by Carnival. We had an awesome time in Puerto Vallerta with the jeep we rented. Taxi's are very easily accessible and are not scary at all. You can usually barter on the fare as well.