Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 6th, 2001, 11:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Can I bring wine in my carry on?

I was wondering if I can bring 1-2 bottles of wine in my carry on luggage to enjoy with my hubby in our cabin?
Sponsored Links
Old July 7th, 2001, 07:22 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Can I bring wine in my carry on?

Hi Darlene,
Depends on what cruiseline you are talking about?? On our last cruise (Explorer), we had no problem bringing drinks on board, but not all the cruiselines allow this.
What ship are you going on?

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old July 8th, 2001, 09:22 AM
Cruise Maniac

We are going on the Inspiration.
Old July 8th, 2001, 03:46 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Darlene,
I do believe CArnival does have some rules about bring drinks on board, in that case, possible try the regular luggage, but be sure to wrap well! I guess it depends on how hard they enforce the rules. Enjoy Inspiration!!!

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old July 8th, 2001, 04:16 PM
jef

Default Yes you can!

Carnival's official policy on alcohol is spelled out in the cruiseline brochure. It states that if you will be celebrating a special occasion on board (a nebulous definition, I think Thursdays at sea are extraordinarily special) then at the embarkation port only you may bring on "fine wine or champagne". If you choose to consume this wine in the dining room, there is a $10 per bottle corkage fee. Other than this stated exception, no alcohol can be brought on board and they do routinely check bags and hold alcohol both from embarkation and ports until the last night of the cruise when they return it to you.

See page 116 of the 2000-2001 Carnival breochure (full line version) for the cited text.

Have fun on your cruise!

jef
Old July 8th, 2001, 04:23 PM
jef

Default Re: Yes you can! - small correction

My apologies, that was page 116 of the 2001-2002 brochure. I would photocopy that page and put the copy next to the wine just in case the security guard scanning your bag hasn't read it.
Old July 8th, 2001, 05:51 PM
gogetter

Hello,

I have brought wine several times with me in my carr-on. Nothing has ever been said. Once i brought a cooler with pepsi...the guy asked me what was in the cooler and by habit i said beer...he took the cooler,,,put it around the xray machine and gave it back to me ... no questions asked and never looked in it....so go figure....
Old July 13th, 2001, 02:26 PM
Thomas U Trenton

What the heck is a carr-on??? Do you speak English? Ever hear of a Capital I?????