Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 10th, 2001, 06:49 PM
Danny Horan

Default Carnival Imagination, August 20 -- TV SHOW!

Hi

I work for BBC Television in the UK on a programme called Back to the Floor. The concept of the show is where we take a 'boss' of a company and, literally, send him back to the floor for a week. We are now in our fifth series and as part of the run we are filming with Bob Dickinson, President of Carnival.

We are taking Bob back on a ship for 5 days and he will assume the role of social host onboard.

As part of the programme we are keen to follow a few vacationers. We are especially seeking new cruisers, people who this is their first time. We may also be looking for people who are cruise veterans too.

There are a number things to consider. We are specifically looking for the cruisers who are sailing on Carnival's ship, the Imagination, departing the Port of Miami on Monday 20th August 2001. They obviously need to be keen to be filmed. We will absolutely not interrupt their vacation for the most part. We just want to catch up with them everyday while onboard for a few minutes.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best wishes,

Danny Horan
Assistant Producer, Back to the Floor
Room 4155, White City, 201 Wood Lane, London W12 7TS
tel: ++44 208 752 6741
fax: ++44 208 752 5683
mob: 07968 197994
email: daniel.horan@bbc.co.uk
Sponsored Links
Old July 10th, 2001, 07:14 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Carnival Imagination, August 20 -- TV SHOW!

Hi Danny,
Wow, sounds like a good show, sorry I won't be cruising on Imagination in Aug., but do tell us when this will air and will it be on any US stations?? Good luck, have fun with it.

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old July 10th, 2001, 09:09 PM
gogetter

Hello,

Unless of course you are offering to pay my way on the cruise. I really could help you out, and give ole Bob some advice.......
Old July 11th, 2001, 11:55 AM
Nick Kozloff

I'll be sailing on the Imagination on Labor Day, sounds like a blast though. Happy sailing everyone!!!!
Old July 13th, 2001, 03:24 PM
Thomas U Trenton

Gogetter once again opens his mouth and inserts his foot!
Old July 13th, 2001, 11:06 PM
jef

It would be more interesting to see Mr. Dickinson do one of the more strenuous jobs such as being an assistant waiter and putting in a 12 hour day four of those five days. That *really* would be going back to the shop floor.
Old July 16th, 2001, 01:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Carnival Imagination, August 20 -- TV SHOW

Dear Danny

I would like to see good ole Bob plan a vacation for two months and call Carnival's reservation himself to book his cruise, a level 12 cabin and airfare. Then I would like ole Bob to fly from Myrtle Beach to Miami, be met at the airport, put on a bus and taken to the Port of Miami. Then I would like a Carnival representative to come on board the bus and tell ole Bob that the itinerary had been changed, given a letter relating that fact and told that any refund would have to be taken up with Carnival. As ole Bob has already cruised to Nassau he would be very upset. Then I would like ole Bob to find out that Carnival had known as early as the Friday before of the itinerary change and didn't even bother to call him, however, Carnival was able to fax all the travel agents informing them of the change and offereing their clients a full refund if they did not want to go on the cruise. I want ole Bob to complain to the Purser about not being notified and receive a letter noting him that his comments were being forwarded to Carnival's Home Office. After ole Bob gets home I want him to contact Carnival and speak to a customer service representative and be spoken to has if he were a complete idiot. I want ole Bob to write to the President of Carnival explaining his amazement that a returning cruiser would be treated so callous and not be notified of the change in itinerary before getting to the port. Lastly, I want ole Bob to receive a letter from a "Special Advisor to the President" stating that Carnival is sorry that he was upset over the change in itinerary (ole Bob never complained about the change, just the fact that he was never notified) and offer ole Bob a 10% discount off his next cruise. By the way, ole Bob has a copy of the letter faxed to travel agents, letter given to him at the port, all documentation mentioned! I wonder how ole Bob would feel about Carnival Cruise Lines if this happened to him!

Helen
Old July 18th, 2001, 06:17 PM
Margaret

Hi Danny,

I just read your message about filming on board of the Imagination on 8/20/01, and I am really excited since my husband and I and another couple will be borading the Imagination on 8/20/01. I as well as my husband had been on a cruise a few years ago, however, this is the first cruise for my friends. I just emailed them your message and asked them if they want to participate in your filming. It just sounds like a terrific show and no matter if they would like to participate or not, I'm looking forward to seeing you around the ship.

Margaret
Old August 10th, 2001, 01:10 AM
Admiral

Does this mean that the ship on this cruise will have areas roped off, and there will be film people and equipment underfoot?
Grrrrrr!