Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 11th, 2001, 03:29 AM
NJmatt

Default Single Cruiser

I was wondering if anyone has ever traveled solo on Carnival and booked a guarantted cabin rate and if so what kind of cabin did you wind up with on the
ship.
Sponsored Links
Old July 11th, 2001, 09:34 AM
Salsa

Default Re: Single Cruiser

I often travel solo on Carnival but almost always booked a specific cabin except for the Spirit transcanal cruise last April. I booked a 1A guaranteed and ended up with a 4D. On Destiny class ships, some 1A with portholes are worth booking assigned as they are very nice and spaciaous, as long as you like cabins located in the bow.
Elise
Old July 11th, 2001, 02:59 PM
DJ Bob Douglas

I cruised on the Elation as Guaranteed Share. I ended up with an inside, upper and lower & a roommate. I had a great time and would do it again without thinking twice.
Old July 11th, 2001, 10:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

I cruised on the Triumph, booked a 1A guarantee and that's what I ended up with. No regrets at all! It was a wonderful cabin, very large and with two porthole windows. I was glad that I didn't get upgraded, (unless of course it would have been to a balcony!) . Have you checked out the singles board here on Cruise Mates? Post your question there also, you might get some more feedback.
Old July 12th, 2001, 02:04 PM
NJmatt

Thanks to all that responded to my question,now I just have to wait and see what type of cabin I wind up with for the September 22nd sailing on the Victory to Canada/New England.
Old July 12th, 2001, 04:21 PM
Chyna_C

I appreciate the question, I will find out on my cruise, IF I get any upgrade or not. But I have to wait until December to find out.. BIG POUT Enjoy your cruise!
Old July 12th, 2001, 09:06 PM
Ug

Default 1a Outter = Awesome!!!!!

I had a 1a Outter on Victory and absolutely loved it!! I was in a 8a and other than having the Balcony, the 1a was way more spacious. You can also get it at a fairly reasonable rate. Portholes I loved as well. Only real negative about the room, is it is in the Bow so you do feel more movement there than ya do in other parts of the ship. I loved the movement, helped rock me to sleep at night ;-)))