Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 11th, 2001, 01:22 PM
Yeoman

Default Upgrades

I am almost convinced that upgrades never happen. Would like to hear from anyone who has received an upgrade. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old July 11th, 2001, 04:16 PM
jbeek

Default Re: Upgrades

Not the most magical of upgrades, but I received a category 4D cabin when I booked a category 4A guarantee on Elation January 7. I decided I liked being on Empress deck because I was close to the atrium lobby.

jef
Old July 11th, 2001, 06:10 PM
Salsa

I never got any upgrades while booking an assigned cabin except for the ones you get at time of booking. However, I got a cat 4D when I booked a 1A guaranteed on the Spirit and a 6A while booking a 4A on the Victory.

Elise
Old July 11th, 2001, 09:26 PM
Carolee

I am sailing Aug 15th Northbound to Alaska and was upgraded from an 8A to 8B - one deck up.
Old July 11th, 2001, 09:26 PM
Nathan

This is our first cruise. My wife and I and another twenty-something couple are on the Triumph on 8/18/01. We originally booked a cat. 6A, then we noticed the rates went down for a very short period of time. We were able to pay a grand total of fifty bucks for an upgrade to a cat. 11 suite with all the extras. We received printed confirmation a week later in the mail with our room number and everything. Just keep an almost daily watch on the rates and you might be able to get a better deal. We were able to watch the rates on expedia.com, where we booked our cruise.

Nathan
Old July 11th, 2001, 10:31 PM
First Mate

Upgrades are not available on every sailing. Sometimes they sell so many of them then stop. Upgrades are shown at the time of booking, so it will tell you if the upgrade is available on that sailing/category or not. If its not there, they arent offering upgrades on that sailing. You will never be upgraded on a cabin assignment...it only works on a "guarantee". Guarantee is that you are guaranteed that category or better anywhere on the ship. They offer complementary upgrades to keep the lesser expensive cabins freed up because they know they can sell them better. They are most likely to offer upgrades on a sailing that is not one that sells out fast. Hope this helps.
Old July 11th, 2001, 11:08 PM
Admiral

We're sailing with the kids the end of the month on Triumph, 2 cabins close together and got upgraded one deck up and directly across from each other. We had cabins assignments for both cabins and still got upgraded. Good Luck!
Old July 17th, 2001, 04:05 PM
Cruise Maniac

We sailed on the Victory 4/1/01 and were upgraded from a cat 8D to an 11 suite. We had 2 cabins that were linked together and both of us received the same upgrade. We couldn't believe it when we arrived at the port, we did have guaranteed cabins.