Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 12th, 2001, 04:03 PM
Jeff K.

Default Imagination Aug 16th

We are taking our first cruise on Aug 16th on the Imagination. Anybody with information about the ship and excursions (Key West / Cozumel) would love to hear from you. Also anybody who is sailing the same time.

Thanks,
Jeff
Sponsored Links
Old July 12th, 2001, 05:12 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Imagination Aug 16th

Hi Jeff,
I did find an older review of Imagination by our Chat Host Robocob, hope it will help answer any questions you may have:

<http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/cruiseguide/shiptour/memreviews/mr_carnival/imagination1.html>

You may also want to post on the "meet on board" here to find other cruisers on your cruise:

<http://www.cruisemates.com/persin.cfm>

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old July 13th, 2001, 10:53 AM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to shanden

I am leave on Thursday July 19, 2001 I will be happy to give you a report when I get back. Also, call the cruise line they sent me a lot of information on the shore tours.

Happy sailing,
Shanden
Old July 13th, 2001, 01:41 PM
Jeff K.

Thanks! Shanden, any information you could provide from your experience would be great. You can email me at; jkalicki@qlinktech.com

Thanks again,
Jeff
Old July 20th, 2001, 01:52 PM
Nick Kozloff

I'm leaving September 3 on the Imagination. This will be our second crusie with Carnival, You should reply to me and tell me how fun the ship was, Happy sailings!!!!

-Nick
Old July 23rd, 2001, 10:38 PM
kay and jim

Jeff,
We just got back today from the Imagination ( wish we were still on her!) We had a great time. We didn't take an excursion in Key West, because we live in Florida and have been there many times. There are a few to choose from. One is taking the tour by tram. It takes about an hour and a half. Alot of information. We just walked around and shopped. Most of the stores open at 10 am.
Cozumel was the greatest! There are a number of tours to go on. We chose to go snorkeling on a 65 ft. catamaran then go to a private beach party. The magaritas and beer were flowing freely, all included with the price. That will take about 3 1/2 hours. Well worth it. After that we went shopping in town. Great buys! Your Cruise director will give you all the information you will need to go shopping and give you all the deals he knows about.
Happy sailing!
Old July 24th, 2001, 01:59 PM
Jeff K.

Kay & Jim,

Thanks for the info! We also live in Florida and mostly looking forward to Cozumel and the cruise itself. We are leaning towards the Mayan Ruins tour but not sure.

We are first time cruisers so any information on this cruise, I would love to hear about. Anything you wouldn't recommend doing or any dissapointments you had as well as any "Must do's".

How did they handle tips? (Envelopes or S&S card)
What type cabin were you in and how was it?
What is the ship like. Condition, noise, vibration.

Thanks, Jeff
Old July 26th, 2001, 10:41 AM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to shanden

Please read Imagination (imagine you are on another ship. Gives you a lot of detail. Maybe your trip will be better. (SMILE)
Old July 30th, 2001, 04:03 PM
Holly

Jeff,

Thanks for digging up info on the Imagination. We are also sailing on August 16th. This will be my second cruise and my companions first. We are both very excited. My first experience on a Carnival cruise was excellent. From the research I have done and people I have talked to, the best thing to do is to explore on your own as many of the excursions don't show you the true beaches and scenery of Cozumel. I picked up a few books at the library that have been very helpful.

Cheers to wonderful weather and even better sailing,
Holly (Ohio)
Old August 6th, 2001, 07:54 PM
First Mate

jeff,

my boyfriend and i are going on our first cruise on imagination on the same day. we have researched a lot on different sites.

the things we have been tipped on are that drink coupons are more efficient to use and that going on your own excursion is sometimes cheaper and more fun. we are looking at going snorkeling at chakanaab park in cozumel which is about a ten dollar taxi ride.