Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 17th, 2001, 06:29 PM
lisatoolgirl

Default HELP!! I need your opinion

I am a first time cruiser and need all of my fellow past cruisers help in deciding on my 1st cruise. I am looking at carnival Fantasy or RC soverrign of seas. They are both priced within 100$ carnival is 100$ more but i need to know witch one is going to be better for a married couple mid 30's on there 1st cruise. Please explain why you like one better than the other little things matter to me!!

Also is it worth the extra to get a ocean view for a 4 day cruise or would i be just as happy in a stateroom, This is for my wedding anniversy and i want to have a great time and need everyones help!!! Thanks so much in advance!!
Sponsored Links
Old July 17th, 2001, 06:57 PM
gogetter

Default Re: HELP!! I need your opinion

Hello,

The SOS has smaller cabins.
The SOS in my opinion has better service and maybe a little better food.
Carnival is a tad more party type.
Either line you will have a great time.
Get there either way around 11-1130 and have all paperwork filled out.
A window is nice, but not really a necessity, but for a honeymoon..why not///
Old July 17th, 2001, 10:19 PM
Passenger

My husband and I have both been on several cruise's....We would rather have an outside cabin..There's nothing like seeing to sun come up in the morning through your window....IT"S BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! Have a wonderful time and enjoy.
Old July 18th, 2001, 09:04 AM
Yeoman

Get a window...it's so nice to be able to look out first thing in the morning and get an idea of what the weather is like.

I would go with RCCL. I like Carnival, too, but RCCL ships are a little nicer and service is much better. Do remember, whichever cruise you choose, you are going to have a wonderful time. There is no bad cruise. Enjoy!
Old July 18th, 2001, 09:32 AM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to shanden

I would get the oceanview room only if you are going to spend a lot of time in the room.. Carnival rooms are a lot bigger than RCCL. Soverrign of the Seas is a very nice ship but it is a lot laid back. If you are looking for action and like to party go on Fantasy. If you like seafood RCCL is not your choice. I don't eat much meat, so I was very disappointed.

Happy Sailing,
Shanden
Old July 18th, 2001, 10:35 AM
First Mate

I would pick Carnival, and get the window.
Old July 18th, 2001, 10:46 AM
Robocop

Okay, here's my $.02 worth. RCI 'usually' has better service, especially in the dining room. RCI's ships are not nearly as glitzy. Carnival IMHO has better food. Carnival has better entertainment. Carnival has larger cabins and is easier to find your way around. Carnival is more active than RCI. Now it is up to you to figure out which is more important to you. <G>
Jim
Community Staff Leader
Old July 18th, 2001, 05:42 PM
Braves Fans

We have sailed on Carnival and RCCL - Fantasy, Grandeur of the Seas, Enchantment of the Seas, and the Paradise in September. We are in our 30's as well. The main difference that we noticed is that Carnival is a little less formal. For example, on captain's night, people still dress up on Carnival, but just not as glitzy. That was really the only huge difference that we saw. RCCL did offer a little more service as far as free soft drinks at dinner and other freebies, but with this being your first cruise, I really don't know that you would even notice things like that.
Old July 21st, 2001, 07:27 AM
Larry Wagner

My Wife and I have been on six cruises 3 Carnival (Twice on Fantasy) 2 Rccl and once on Celebrity. We had a great time on all six Cruises. We prefer an inside cabin. You are not in the cabin very long anyway, so why pay the extra money? but thats us. Seeing the sun rise from the cabin is nice but you can always walk outside and see it rise as well. We normaly switch back and forth between Rccl and Carnival and true the service is a little better on Rccl but not enough to make a difference. We will be sailing again on 2/21/02 for 10 days on Carnival (Paradise) to the southern Carribean from Miami. Last Feb we went with Rccl (EXployer of the Seas) So you see we like both lines very much.