Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 28th, 2001, 08:58 PM
Carl Allison

Default New Carnival Board

There is a new Carnival board.
Everyone should check it out

www.forumco/jtrolerb
Sponsored Links
Old July 28th, 2001, 10:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: New Carnival Board

I've seen it, too. Pretty interesting. There are some non-cruise related things on there right now, but hopefully it will settle down soon--however, variety is the spice of life, right? Apparently, this is a group that came from another board where some of the messages were being screened by a "moderator" (?) and not showing up for sometimes several hours. Some of the posters said their messages NEVER showed up. That would be a real bummer. It's nice to have boards like this one where that doesn't happen.
Old July 29th, 2001, 02:18 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Gee.. interesting.. and on our Teen message board the poster on this topic stated that this new message board was started by teens.
Is this true, or just a means of drawing in teens I wonder?

CruiseMates messsage boards are also monitored boards. There are rules of appropriate conduct, such as no foul language, no personal attacks and no solicitation.

If this "new board" was begun by folks who can't "talk cruising" within "rules" similar to those, and therefore felt oppressed, and are going with non monitored format, I wish them luck.

Even if the intent is good, I've found non monitored sites, and news groups, almost always run into troubles that degenerate the interests of the group with rudeness, foul language, and general malaise. All u have to do is check out an ICQ chat, and u'll know what I mean.

Regards,
Kuki
Old July 29th, 2001, 11:35 AM
lunyma

Well said, Kuki. I agree that the *new* board has been set up well, especially for a teen, but if you take a look, you will see that it's not much more than a place for childish revenge, at least for now. I too, wish them luck, but I see it more as a chatroom than a place to share information about cruising. I guess something was lost in the transition.
Old August 1st, 2001, 04:07 PM
Johnny K

I tried to get to the new website today and I could not pull it up.... Do you think it is gone already?
Old August 4th, 2001, 10:31 AM
Cruise Maniac

No, the New Board is alive & kicking:

www.forumco.com/jtrollerb/
Old August 18th, 2001, 07:14 PM
Cruise Maniac

If you haven't visited this board in a while, I think it's going to make it--many more cruise related topics and (surprise, surprise) no foul language.