Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 29th, 2001, 09:43 AM
plumberv

Default fly aweigh

will be sailing on Carnival Destiny Feb 3 out of San Juan.We will be using Carnivals fly aweigh program.My question is we are flying out of Columbus,Ohio to San Juan. The ship doesnt leave port untill 10:00 p.m. Does anyone know when we can expect to get to San Juan or what time we will be able to board?
Sponsored Links
Old July 29th, 2001, 10:27 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Jennifer
Default Re: fly aweigh

plumberv

I used Carnival's air twice for trips to San Juan. I live in Arizona and have a lot farther to fly than you. Both times they put me on the red eye out of Phoenix, flying all night and getting to San Juan about 10:00 a.m., even though I went two days early each time. My cousin flew from Virginia to meet me and they sent her out early in the morning, arriving about noon. Both times I boarded about noon. You get the full use of the ship that first day even though you don't depart until later. Just remember that your luggage won't show up until afternoon or evening, so bring the things in your carryon that you want for swimming, your first dinner, etc. Have a wonderful time!
Jennifer
Old July 30th, 2001, 04:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

I flew into San Juan from Newark, NJ arriving at 11:00. We were able to board the ship at 1pm.
Old July 31st, 2001, 11:54 AM
Yeoman

I spoke to Carnival yesterday because we are flying out of Cleveland on Sat at 9:05 and will get to San Juan at 1:30 pm. I was told that we can board after 2:30 pm and that they will be serving food and the bars will be open. Works for me! I think I want to look around San Juan a bit since it would be a shame to go all that way and only see it as we are coming and going!

Hugs,
Michelle
Old August 2nd, 2001, 07:08 PM
cruzn buckeye

We are also from Columbus, Ohio. We have cruised out of San Juan three times. Depending on the Airline used will be the deciding factor of what time you .get there. The two times that we were on Delta, we left early...6:00 a.m. and 7:00 a.m. arriving at 12:30 and 1:30. Last year Carnival booked us on US Air. We didn't leave until 8:50 a.m. and didn't arrive until 3:30.