Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 30th, 2001, 09:22 AM
kenny holt

Default Carnival Destiny

Here is a question for cruisers who have taken the Destiny in the past 30 days.How many envelops did they leave in your cabin on the last night and who was each of them for?? I would like to have my tips set aside before i get to the ship.

Thanks, kenholt
Sponsored Links
Old July 30th, 2001, 10:26 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Carnival Destiny

Kenny:
Can't remember the envelope count, but if you look in the back few pages of the Carnival brochure it will address the issue of tipping. (Who and how much). You will find the answere to your question there. Of coarse that is the recommended tipping guide. If you had outstanding service that week you may choose to leave a larger tip. Have a great cruise!
Old July 30th, 2001, 02:16 PM
Candy

It been since Jan that I cruised on the Destiny. They leave envelopes for everyone and thier next door neighbor **
I dont tip all the dining room staff unless they have done some thing extra special.
Example.. Head waiter... Matre D...
The most important is the 3... Cabin steward.. Waiter.. and bus boy..
Old July 30th, 2001, 04:16 PM
Cruise Maniac

Kenny,
I was on the Destiny in May. You get three envelops. One for the cabin steward, head waiter and assistant waiter. They recommend that each person give the steward $25 (that would be $50 if you are traveling with someone else), the head waiter gets $25 per person and assistant waiter gets $14 per person. Those are recommeded prices, you can give more if you want. I would set aside at least $70 for tips.
Old July 30th, 2001, 05:03 PM
natasha

well we just got back yesterday from destiny. they leave 5 envelopes in your cabin....Waiter, Asst. waiter, Cabin steward, Maitre'd and head waiter. Maitre'd and head waiter are optional you give only if you want to. Hope this helps
also its 24.50 per day per person for waiter and cabin steward and $2 a day for the asst. waiter A.K.A bus boy
Old July 31st, 2001, 02:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

It's totally not $24.50 per day per person...that sounds a little obsurd! You have to tip your head waiter, cabin steward & assistant waiter. The maitre'd is optional. Basically it will cost a couple $50 for their cabin steward, $50 for their head waiter, $28 for the assistant waiter for the entire week. The maitre'd is optional.
Old July 31st, 2001, 07:35 PM
natasha

sorry abut that every 1...i meant 24.50 per person for the week......