Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 30th, 2001, 11:44 AM
Passenger

Default Holiday Sept.1st Sailing/Men's formal wear

Hi All

My husband will not put on a jacket ,never the less a suit, will he go by with long sleeve formal shirts without the jacket for the two formal wear nights??? Please let me know, I would like a photo of our family those nights but I am not sure if we can dress like that. Any comments will be appreciated

Ana
Sponsored Links
Old July 30th, 2001, 11:56 AM
Sonya

Default Re: Holiday Sept.1st Sailing/Men's formal wear

Well, my husband and I are going on the September 1st Holiday as well. You are the first person I have run into on multiple boards going this same time! Wow, what a relief that we won't be alone! Just kidding.
My husband was reluctant also. But I swayed him into agreeing to wear the coat on the two formal nights. Just use your powers of persuation!
Are you an entire family going?
My last carnival cruise, a gentleman was told if he did not have a coat, they would get one for him from the pursers desk to use during dinner. I think he and his family just went to the pizza bar instead!
Old July 30th, 2001, 02:41 PM
Passenger

Sonya:

Thank a you lot for answering, I think he'd rather go to the pizza, I'll try to persuade him, but he doesn't have a coat at all. Ill try to get him one at the pursers deck , but he is a very big man (wide and long). We are going on a family group of 7 my daughters(2), husband and me on Empress deck, then my mom, uncle and two cousins in another cabin, Maybe we can meet, let me know what cabin and deck youll be in . Ours are E36 adn E32 (i believe) will confirm later.

Thanks

Ana
Old July 31st, 2001, 01:16 PM
Sonya

Don't know cabin...assignment at the dock because we purchased run of the ship outside cabin. But sure thing about meeting. I do not know if you have planned anything for Dominica but I was referred by a cruisecritic board member of a company for a tour. It looks great and they even have a website. Here's the info:
www.kenshinterlandtours.com
We are taking the Ti Tou Gorge/Trafalgar Falls Tour. It's pretty cheap at $100 for up to four people. With your big group it might be cheaper than a Carnival Tour for everyone to go - the price would only be $200 total verses Carnivals $60 something a person! Check it out, they are really nice people and you pay them when you dock and leave for the tour. We would love to have you guys join us on this tour!

Sonya
feel free to email me at sonya.allen@fnfn.net. I have done much research on the cruise!!