Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 6th, 2001, 09:16 PM
First Mate

Default Imagination Aug 16 and random Qs

is anyone going on this one? it is my boyfriend and i's first cruise.

and whats the real deal on drink coupons? are they worth it? are they really only for drinks 3.75 and under?

can we bring alcohol on board? do they go through your luggage?

what is the best to do in cozumel? ive heard chakanaab park is good on your own.

what time should we get to port?

anoyone who has any info, it would be so appreciated. you can email me at julie_r_patrick@yahoo.com
Sponsored Links
Old August 7th, 2001, 11:30 AM
Holly

Default Re: Imagination Aug 16 and random Qs

Julie,

We are also going on the Imagination on August 16th. It is my second cruise and my companions first. We have been doing a bit of research on Cozumel and have decided to go out on our own and see some of the more remote parts of the island. We are planning on renting scooters and heading along the shore and stopping as we go. We are still up in the air as to what we are going to do in KeyWest. I have never been to KeyWest and he has so hopefully he has a plan for us there. Do you know much about KeyWest?

It has been so long since I have been on a cruise that I am not sure as to the alcohol policy. You are permitted to carry on wine, per Carnival's web site. If you are planning on bringing your own wine to dinner they are going to charge you a $10.00 corking fee. (sounds strange, I know) I don't know much about the drink credits. I'm curious to see what others responses are.

I believe that you are able to board ship around 12:30 or 1:00. Everyone is to be on-board by 3:30. Where are you coming in from?

Holly
Old August 7th, 2001, 12:22 PM
Nick Kozloff

Hey Julie and Holly,

I went to Cozumel last year and had a woderful time. My girlfriend and I did some snorkling and we went to a couple of beaches(San Fransico Beach, not bad). If your into the night life at all, I highly reccomend going to Carlos and Charlies for the evening, we had a great time. I'm going on the Imagination Sept 3rd, We are very excited. When you get back I would really apprecitate it if you gave me details of how the ship looked, and Cruise Director, etc. Hope you both have a great time. Happy sailings

-Nick
Old August 7th, 2001, 01:29 PM
First Mate

holly,

we are coming in from west palm beach, debating whether to drive down and park or take the tri-rail down.

as for key west, i have never been there, but my boyfriend has. i have heard it is fun to rent the mopeds there as well. duvall street is supposedly something good to stroll, to shop, etc. there is also a trolley that takes you around, and i think there is some sort of maritime/shipwreck museum if you like that sort of thing.

the drink coupons are 4 for 19.50. some people say they are worth it, some say they aren't. that's what i'm trying to find out.

thanks for your info.

julie
Old August 11th, 2001, 07:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

hi julie, we are going on the imagination in sept. i also want to know about the drink coupons and if they check your luggage or a cooler for alcohol when you board we plan to bring our onw drinks will you please let me know after your trip i would really appreicate it. There is to much stuff to know for one trip. Have a great time!!