Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 7th, 2001, 11:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default ACCIDENT ON CARNIVAL??

I thought I heard something about a serious accident a couple weeks ago aboard one of the Carnival tenders where several people were injured & a few even died when it capsized. Anyone know anything about this?
Sponsored Links
Old August 7th, 2001, 11:58 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: ACCIDENT ON CARNIVAL??

The accident had nothing to do with the cruise line. It was not tenders, but rather a private shore excurion boat. Very sad situation involving passengers from the Carnival Elation, while visiting Cabo San Lucas. Not that it makes things any better, but this was not a ship's excursion.

Regards,
Kuki
Old August 8th, 2001, 08:38 AM
murray

Mimi..I was on the elation 7/8/01cruise..it is true..here is what it was all about..and I hold the sloppy Captian and the cruise line directly and indirectly responsible for the accident.
Firstly,thanks to a cruisemate"sean Ryan" and his rundown of the ship(7pages)we knew what it was all baout..forget tours expensive,etc.etc.etc.
Firstly-the lifeboat drill was a joke-get to stations,mill around then over..not what normal ships do(and I have been on numerous cruises-Celebrity,Zim,Royalk Carribean,Costa,etc)which is-get tostations,crew reads off the individual boat to get to,calls cabins and names and then over with..
Overallwas a kids,noisy cruise.Crew barely civil..complacent..etc.etc .
Accident to a young man in Puerta Viaellet-parasailing-which ship said not to do..
Now the accident-occurred in CapoSan Lukas-ship emphasized taking taxi boats to Lovers beach, sold glass bottom boats..
Ships tenders not used to shore(I wonder when they were last checked out/?)Mewxican tenders used-packed-and I never saw life preservers on the ship overhead or under anything, and the storage place was too small to hold any it looked like.Came to shore-I looked for a diving buddy on shore, never used the ship suggested taxi or glas bottom boat to get to the suggested beach.I then went to a shore seling or renting boats-they said sorry, water too rough..beach too rough therefore would not rent a boatI have been on my own boats for 40 years, powr and sail, and respect those in the know)Six or seven tour,ship personnel were on the town dock and getting people into taxi and glass bottom tour boats being sold by the ship.THEY SHOULD HAVE KNOWN THE ROUGHNESS OF THE WATER BEFOREHAND AND SAID NOT TO USE THE TOUR SUGGESTED BOATS..
I DID SEE M ANY AMBULENSES N THE DOCK, ONE IN TRACTION GOING TO A HOSPITAL.
Getting back to the Elation-was told of three deaths due to an overturned glass bottom going to the beach suggested by the ship tour people--and ten went to hospital.Told by one on the glass bottom boat that there were NO PRESERVORS on the glass bottom boat.
Ship never acknowledged anything, until a passenger stood up at dinner and asked for amoments prayer for those who were lost at sea.

After the cruise-it was on TV in San Diego by a couple who were on the glass bottom boat, and confirmed what was alleged occured.
nuff said.

Sloppy Captain..who is responsible, regardless of the Carnival disclaimers on the ticket package.

I am a stockholder in Carnival.

murlein29(sorry for the typos,cannot find spellcheck)Mimi wrote:
>
> I thought I heard something about a serious accident a couple
> weeks ago aboard one of the Carnival tenders where several
> people were injured & a few even died when it capsized.
> Anyone know anything about this?
Old August 8th, 2001, 08:38 AM
murray

Mimi..I was on the elation 7/8/01cruise..it is true..here is what it was all about..and I hold the sloppy Captian and the cruise line directly and indirectly responsible for the accident.
Firstly,thanks to a cruisemate"sean Ryan" and his rundown of the ship(7pages)we knew what it was all baout..forget tours expensive,etc.etc.etc.
Firstly-the lifeboat drill was a joke-get to stations,mill around then over..not what normal ships do(and I have been on numerous cruises-Celebrity,Zim,Royalk Carribean,Costa,etc)which is-get tostations,crew reads off the individual boat to get to,calls cabins and names and then over with..
Overallwas a kids,noisy cruise.Crew barely civil..complacent..etc.etc .
Accident to a young man in Puerta Viaellet-parasailing-which ship said not to do..
Now the accident-occurred in CapoSan Lukas-ship emphasized taking taxi boats to Lovers beach, sold glass bottom boats..
Ships tenders not used to shore(I wonder when they were last checked out/?)Mewxican tenders used-packed-and I never saw life preservers on the ship overhead or under anything, and the storage place was too small to hold any it looked like.Came to shore-I looked for a diving buddy on shore, never used the ship suggested taxi or glas bottom boat to get to the suggested beach.I then went to a shore seling or renting boats-they said sorry, water too rough..beach too rough therefore would not rent a boatI have been on my own boats for 40 years, powr and sail, and respect those in the know)Six or seven tour,ship personnel were on the town dock and getting people into taxi and glass bottom tour boats being sold by the ship.THEY SHOULD HAVE KNOWN THE ROUGHNESS OF THE WATER BEFOREHAND AND SAID NOT TO USE THE TOUR SUGGESTED BOATS..
I DID SEE M ANY AMBULENSES N THE DOCK, ONE IN TRACTION GOING TO A HOSPITAL.
Getting back to the Elation-was told of three deaths due to an overturned glass bottom going to the beach suggested by the ship tour people--and ten went to hospital.Told by one on the glass bottom boat that there were NO PRESERVORS on the glass bottom boat.
Ship never acknowledged anything, until a passenger stood up at dinner and asked for amoments prayer for those who were lost at sea.

After the cruise-it was on TV in San Diego by a couple who were on the glass bottom boat, and confirmed what was alleged occured.
nuff said.

Sloppy Captain..who is responsible, regardless of the Carnival disclaimers on the ticket package.

I am a stockholder in Carnival.

murlein29(sorry for the typos,cannot find spellcheck)Mimi wrote:
>
> I thought I heard something about a serious accident a couple
> weeks ago aboard one of the Carnival tenders where several
> people were injured & a few even died when it capsized.
> Anyone know anything about this?
Old August 8th, 2001, 09:14 PM
murray

kuki..were you there..?
Old August 8th, 2001, 09:18 PM
murphy

kuki...were you there? Or are you quoting hearsay?Kuki wrote:
>
> The accident had nothing to do with the cruise line. It was
> not tenders, but rather a private shore excurion boat. Very
> sad situation involving passengers from the Carnival Elation,
> while visiting Cabo San Lucas. Not that it makes things any
> better, but this was not a ship's excursion.
>
> Regards,
> Kuki
Old August 8th, 2001, 11:16 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

murray wrote:
>
> kuki..were you there..?
There were published reports. It was in the papers, on television and radio. It's no secret.
This was not an excursion sold by the ship. That is a fact!

Regards,
Kuki
Old August 10th, 2001, 07:27 AM
murray

kuki..I saw your "flash" on my screen-noting you were with cruise company..so believe you are trying to put a spin on the Elation Canival Ship, accident...You were not there, so cannot assume that the spin in the papers was what happened...I was there...
If you want to hear what happened from someone on the glass bottom boat..the honeymoon couple were on the glass bottom boat..on tv in San Diego..7/15/01..they confirmed what happened...boils down to a sloppy run ship,by an apparent inept Captain,with inept Cruise Direction..the lawyers will handle it for now..enough said..murrayKuki wrote:
>
> murray wrote:
> >
> > kuki..were you there..?
> There were published reports. It was in the papers, on
> television and radio. It's no secret.
> This was not an excursion sold by the ship. That is a fact!
>
> Regards,
> Kuki
Old August 23rd, 2001, 03:10 AM
Cruise Maniac

Murray,

Your rudeness to Kuki is uncalled for and It has been a long time since I have read a thread so sloppy and hard to follow.

So you were on the same cruise ship..... big deal. I have been on many cruise ships and have heard many rumors or what people thought happened to a particular passenger. Just because you saw an ambulence does not mean you know more than the reports and newpapers Kuki referenced. Newspapers usually get their sources from victims and actual eye witnesses. Many respectable newspapers are not going to slander a story where lives were taken, they have no need to, and are tend to be fairly accurate.

So I saw smoke the other day.... it must have been an explosion and I know more about than the newspapers because I was in the same city and I saw a fire truck go to the fire and heard that someone died. Get real.

Enough said.
Old August 27th, 2001, 08:23 PM
huck

Murray, I cannot believe what a rude person you are, and you seem to know everything about the accident. Was Carnivals name on the boat that capsized?Did they drag people kicking and screaming onto the glass bottom boat? I don't think so, It is terrible that those people lost their lives in an ACCIDENT, not because of Carnival Cruise Lines. And you are supposedly a stockholder? Give me a break...Huck