Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 8th, 2001, 04:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Is a photo copy of birth certificate ok?

I just paid out alot of money to get our families birth certificates (since I couldn't find them) and wondering if I can just bring photo copies of them with us on the cruise?
Sponsored Links
Old August 8th, 2001, 04:38 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Is a photo copy of birth certificate ok?

When I booked my cruise for Sept, the agent said you have to have a certified copy. It has to have a raised seal on it.
Old August 8th, 2001, 06:20 PM
farmgirl

It has to be a certified copy with raised seal, no photocopy will do. They will not let you board the boat without exactly what they want.
Old August 8th, 2001, 08:10 PM
Len

As others here have stated you MUST have an original with the raised seal or a passport...without one or the other I doubt if you will be granted passage.
Old August 8th, 2001, 08:50 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Darlene,
Nope, you gotta bring the origional with the raised seal and the pic identification, they will not accept copies, sorry. If you think you may cruise more in the future, may-be think about picking up some passports, much easier to travel with.

Happy Cruising!

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old August 9th, 2001, 07:24 AM
NJmatt

Like all the other answers its NO,it must be either a certified copy or the original
with a raised seal,otherwise they won't let you on.
Old August 9th, 2001, 02:12 PM
Gina

Just curious...why did you have to pay so much money for birth certificates? We can get wallet sized ones from the City Clerk where you were born with a raised seal for $10 each. Don't forget...with that raised seal, you cannont laminate them as I am tempted to do....you can't tell the seal is raised if you do that, and they will not accept it.
Old August 10th, 2001, 07:32 AM
NJmatt

Some of the cruiselines in their brochures will say that a voters registration card is valid as proof of citizenship and believe that they do put your photo on them and
that the county clerks office where they are issued do have them laminated.
At least the voters registration card is credit card size it can fit into a wallet without no problems.
Old August 16th, 2001, 03:44 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

I live in Georgia and cruised the Eastern Caribbean in September 1999 and I ordered my entire family the wallet sized, certified birth certificates for $10 each, with a raised seal, and they are laminated and very easy to travel with.
Old August 20th, 2001, 03:01 PM
First Mate

I wouldnt rely on the voters registration card...everything I've read says "a birth certificate w/a raised seal" or Passport. this is the only proof you have that you are a citizen of the US. Take nothing less!!!

Once you are on the ship, put the certificates in the cabin safe!