Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 21st, 2001, 12:26 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Tropical Storm Chantal

Has anyone been on a cruise out of Galveston that was re-routed due to a Tropical Storm? We are set to sail on August 23 with stops in Playa Del Carmen and Cozumel but have been told that the cruise going on now was re-routed to Vera Cruz. Also heard we could end up being re-routed to New Orleans. All depends on the weather.
Sponsored Links
Old August 21st, 2001, 03:18 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Tropical Storm Chantal

Isn't it nice that ships can outrun the storms happy sailing
Old August 21st, 2001, 04:25 PM
Dolores

If they do re-route the ship due to storms, it's for your own safety. Myself, I'd much rather go to Vera Cruz than New Orleans. We're only about 6 hours from NO and been there. Vera Cruz is somewhere we've never been. Have a wonderful trip.
Old August 24th, 2001, 09:59 AM
Whit

I just returned from this cruise and was rerouted to Vera Cruz and was VERY disapointed. They do not speak English or take American curreny in Vera Cruz. This is was a major disapointment and if had not been for my wonderful and fun travel mate, would have ruined my cruise. This is something Carnival should have checked out prior to docking at Vera Cruz. Overall, highly disappointed with Carnivals way of hadling the situation. All we recived was a $20 per person credit on our Sail & Sign card - what a joke, like a slap in the face to me. Most people take this cruise to go to Mexico, but commercialized Mexico with shopping and partying, etc. I think more compensation should be made by Carnival - or better decision on rerouting. Just my opinion - but Chantel but a big damper on my cruise and Carnival did nothing to make it any better.
Old August 24th, 2001, 10:01 AM
Whit

Don't get to excited about Vera Cruz - it is no Cancun, Cozumel, or any commercialized Mexican town.