Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 28th, 2001, 10:07 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Jan
Default WHEN WILL YOU BE ASSIGNED A CABIN?

I will be sailing Sept 29 on Celebration out of Galveston and when I booked my cruise in 6A. I was not given a cabin #. When will I be assigned a cabin # and will I receive an upgrade. Will I be notified about my cabin # when I receive my ticket?
Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Old August 29th, 2001, 01:53 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: WHEN WILL YOU BE ASSIGNED A CABIN?

I booked my vacation through Travelocity and have already received a cabin number for my trip in October. Who did you book it through? I would call because they have to reserve your cabin when you book the trip, so they should have a number. Hope this helps.
Old August 29th, 2001, 08:30 AM
First Mate

I booked my trip the first part of January through Carnival . Thanks for your reply
Old August 29th, 2001, 08:35 AM
First Mate

Thanks Dena,
From what I understand I should be receiving my ticket 2 wks before my sailing date which will be in about 2wk. I may just call Carnival and see if they can give me an answer. I do hope I will know atleast when I get my documents and not have to wait until I get ready to board the ship.
Old August 29th, 2001, 08:46 AM
First Mate

Dena I did contact Carnival Cruise Line and was told I would be assigned a room when I sign in in Galveston.
Old August 29th, 2001, 08:48 PM
sealady

you probably will have an assignment when you get your documents... but if you don't the people who check your luggage at the pier will have it on a list... from all that I've heard... the longer the cruise line waits to assign a cabin... the better it should be... good luck!! enjoy your cruise.
Old August 29th, 2001, 11:49 PM
NJmatt

I also booked a guaranteed cabin for my cruise for September 22nd on the Victory and just got my tickets today with no cabin assignment but with the tags that read
TBA and when I called Carnival tonight to give my home telephone as requested in the ticket jacket the agent said that I will be assigned my cabin when I get to the pier on the day of sailing. The only thing I don't like is,yes I will put my tags on my luggage but I do not dare to part with the luggage and am going to lug it on board myself despite the fact I am only bringing one large suitcase.
Old August 30th, 2001, 02:41 AM
RaeAnn

It's usually good news if you haven't rec'd your cabin number. It normally means that you are being upgraded.
Old August 30th, 2001, 05:02 PM
Robocop

There are no definate answers to your questions unfortuantely. You will receive your docs at least a few days ahead of time and 'should' have your cabin # on them, maybe not. You also could be getting your tickets two or three weeks before sailing with or without your cabin #. You also may not know what your cabin is until you arrive at the pier. There is no guarentee of getting an upgrade but always a possiblity, just don't expect the owners suite <G>. You WILL get at least a Cat6a outside cabin. Keep in touch with your TA and they should help you as much as they can.
Jim