Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 5th, 2001, 01:11 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default First cruise questions??

Leaving this sunday on the Inspiration for our first cruise. We are taking our 2 daughters along and want to find out if the ice cream is free or if there is a charge? Also, what about the Pizzeria? The kids will be sticking with ice tea, water, & juices...those are free, right? I heard that I can bring a bottle of wine on board when we board, is that correct? If so, is there a limit to how many bottles we can bring? Really only wanting to bring 2 bottles.
Sponsored Links
Old September 5th, 2001, 11:08 AM
rjack22

Default Re: First cruise questions??

Yes, the ice cream and pizza are free and always available! Good too!

Besides the ice tea and juices there is also lemonade. But these, like the ice cream and pizza are only available in the Lido deck alternative dining room area.

One thing that annoyed me. If you go to get a ice tea or lemonade in the morning (while they are still serving breakfast there) you can only get a juice glass sized glass. Later in the day they put out the bigger glasses, but not in the morning. So you may want to take your own non-breakable tumbler or sports bottle and fill your own.
Old September 5th, 2001, 11:36 AM
Robocop

Default Re: First cruise questions??

Darlene, you are correct on all accounts! Everything you mentioned is free, 24 hrs a day. Yes you may bring on wine and actually as much as you like from what I understand but if you want it at dinner there is what is called a "corkage fee" that is somewhere around $10-$20. That infomation should be in your brochure as well.
Your next problem will be saving money for your next cruise! You will most likely be wanting to book one immediately after enjoying this one. Have fun!
Jim