Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 6th, 2001, 08:10 AM
First Mate

Default Parking at the Port of Miami

Has anyone had any problems parking in Miami for a cruise, such as break-ins, auto theft, vandalism, etc. ?

I'm wondering about driving my own car from Tampa, or renting one
to use to drive to Miami.

I'll be on the Fascination 9/28 - 10/01.

Regards,
Dan
Sponsored Links
Old September 6th, 2001, 09:41 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to linda t
Default Re: Parking at the Port of Miami

Hi Dan,
We had a problem years ago. We drove our motorhome to the port for our cruise. When we got off the ship we noticed the wing window was broken out of the passengers side door. We went in and it had been ransacked. It turns out a homeless man had broken in and lived in it for the week. He ate all our canned food and drank all our cokes. He searched through everything but the only thing he took was food. He was caught as he was trying to sneek away that morning. It gave me the willies to think about him using our bed and the bathroom.
I have been on 26 cruises and we have parked at the port on most of them and that is the only time anything has happened, it's also the only time we drove a motor home too. I really don't worry about parking my car there, as a matter of fact we are doing just that nov. 10th when we sail on the Triumph. Have a good cruise. Linda
Old September 6th, 2001, 01:38 PM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to jon

I believe AVIS has a rental space on Dodge Island. I had rented a car for a pre cruise stay in Ft Lauderdale. The day of the cruise I returned the car to Dodge Island(after I dropped off my luggage at the ship) & walked across the street to the pier. It was so very easy. On my return from cruise I picked up another rental car from Avis for a post cruise vaca.
Old September 6th, 2001, 02:47 PM
Barbara Butler

We have parked there during our cruises and never had a problem. The have a very nice parking garage. Also anyone with a handicaped placket gets to park for free.
Old September 6th, 2001, 10:08 PM
Robocop

We have used the Maimi facility about a dozen times and haven't had a problem yet. Not to say it CAN'T happen, but it is supposed to be guarded. Unless they built something within the last month or so there weren't any actual garages available. Handicapped do get to park for free with proper documentation.
Jim