Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 6th, 2001, 11:58 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Shopping in the Western Caribbean

Leaving sunday for our first cruise and wondered if there are any great shopping deals or local specialties that can't be missed in Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel? We will be cruising on the Inspiration. Can't wait! As far as excursions go, we are planning on Dunn's River Falls in Jamaica, Sting Ray City in Grand Cayman, & snorkeling at Chaankaub Park in Cozumel.
Sponsored Links
Old September 7th, 2001, 07:56 AM
Dan McDonald

Default Re: Shopping in the Western Caribbean

Cozumel seemed pretty good for shopping. Don't pay "list" price
for anything, it's negotiable. That's my experience for Cozumel, can't
speak for the other ports of call.
Old September 7th, 2001, 03:07 PM
jeni

in jamaica you need to buy some of the appletons rum and blue mountain coffe....its also a good place to buy nic nak souveniors....cozumel is a great place to buy all other alcohol , t shirts and silver.....you will love dunn river fallls....i have been there 2 times and loved it...but the water is VERY cold....hope you have lots of fun.....that is a great intinerary
Old September 7th, 2001, 03:54 PM
Robocop

Darlene,
Silver and local goods in Cozumel such as marble chess sets, glasswear, and some laces and hammocks, Booze, specifically rum in G Caymans and if you are in the market for some very high priced jewelery, and I do me the top end stuff. In Jamacia local carvings and handicrafts are the best bargain as are coffee's and some rums.
Jim
Old September 8th, 2001, 09:10 AM
First Mate

Darlene:
Western Caribbean is awesome. You have chosen incredable shore excursions. For shopping Cozumel has cheap marble items such as chess sets, and silver jewlery for excellant prices. If you like Kalluah this is the place to buy it. Also good deals to be had on rugs and lacey items like table cloths. Sometimes you can find good deals here on perfume too. Jamaica sells lots of t-shirts for really cheap, but i don't like their quality. I think that is where you buy good coffee and rum. I love Grand Cayman, but after Sting Ray City I relax on 7 mile beach. It is a georgious place, but very pricey so I buy most all my souviners in Cozumel. You are going to have a blast!