Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 9th, 2001, 08:29 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Celebration-Oct.4

Anyone out there cruising this date?
Sponsored Links
Old September 10th, 2001, 10:53 AM
Dolores

Default Re: Celebration-Oct.4

Hi Stephanie, we're cruising Celebration on October 8th...We've only found one other girl who has responded to my posted about our date. Doesn't seem like there are too many Celebration cruisers checking these boards. Have a great time and I'll look forward to your review when you get back....Oh, I guess I won't be checking it. Because we'll be leaving the day you get back...HAPPY SAILING.
Old September 10th, 2001, 11:09 AM
Cruise Maniac

I can't wait. Wonder where all those cruisers are hiding?! Happy sailing to you too.
Old September 10th, 2001, 01:57 PM
Passenger

I am anxious to see what your impressions are. We are going in January (kid's first cruise), and cannot wait! Do a review when you return, please!!

Thanks!!
Old September 10th, 2001, 02:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

I will definately do a review just as soon as I return. 24 days and counting!
Old September 10th, 2001, 11:51 PM
Cruise Maniac

When in January are you going? We are going on the 4-day cruise departing on January 24th. We cannot wait!
Old September 11th, 2001, 11:09 AM
Passenger

I am counting those days w/you Stephanie! I'm driving everyone nuts here at work with my countdown, hopefully my documents will be in soon.
Old September 11th, 2001, 11:39 AM
Cruise Maniac

Only 23 days! I haven't received my documents yet either. Hopefully, we'll get them this week!
Old September 14th, 2001, 03:59 PM
Passenger

What to do? Husband is in the Army at Ft Hood, I did take insurance out for his trip that covers if his leave is denied due to the circumstances. Do my daughters and I go w/my family and still try to have a good time? We've been planning this trip for 9months! I have lived overseas in various countries so traveling does not scare me.
Old September 14th, 2001, 04:51 PM
Cruise Maniac

I know you have been looking forward to this trip for nine months but I can't imagine the trip being complete without your entire family together. If your husband can't go right now, can you reschedule the cruise to include him? This would be such a hard decision to make. Maybe it will work out and he will still be able to go. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.
Old September 20th, 2001, 06:34 PM
Yeoman

Stephanie, Four of us from Texas will be joining you on the Oct. 4th cruise. This is our first cruise and we are really looking forward to the new experience. It was great to see your post as I have been over at cruise critic and asked there about others that are cruising that date and got no reply.
Old September 20th, 2001, 08:14 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Cheryl,
We can't wait! This will be my second cruise and my husband's first. We plan on snorkeling in Cozumel although my husband keeps telling me he is going to watch from the beach..lol.
Old September 21st, 2001, 11:26 AM
Yeoman

Thank you for the reply Stephanie. We have not made any plans for Cozumel. Hopefully we will be able to fill the day. We too are very excited about the cruise. I have heard from friends that the Celebration is fun and the people are terrific. Have a safe trip to Galveston. Are you driving or flying? We are driving down the day before. I understand that Galveston is very brown as is everything in Texas this year. I'm glad we took the cheaper hotel rooms with no view. I will listen for "Stephanie" on board. Best wishes.
Old September 21st, 2001, 11:44 AM
Cruise Maniac

We are driving down the day before and staying at the Moody Gardens Hotel. If you haven't been to Galveston before, you should go to Moody Gardens and look at the Pyramids. Really cool. We are staying in cabin E-157 if you want to come by and say "Hello" to us once onboard the ship. Only 13 days!!!
Old September 21st, 2001, 12:26 PM
Yeoman

I am looking forward to the Moody Gardens. Even though we are from West Texas we have never been to Galveston. Did you go on the Celebration for your first cruise? I understand that many are not impressed as there are newer, bigger ships....I bet we are impressed since we have nothing to compare it to. Visiting with you has brought back all the enthusiasm I might have lost. Thanks.
Old September 21st, 2001, 03:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

I went on my first cruise when I was 15...sure things have changed a lot since then! This will be our first Carnival cruise but my friends just returned with pictures and the ship looks wonderful to me! They had a great time and have already made plans for another cruise on Carnival next year. I love the beach and the ocean and was in Galveston for my first time a few weeks ago. If you get there early enough, rent one of the surrey bikes for 4 and you can go up and down the main strip. It is definately a lot of fun!
Old September 22nd, 2001, 10:04 PM
Yeoman

Thank you for the tips. Sounds like you did a good job scouting out the Galveston area. I will leave a note at your cabin to let you know where we will be. It would be great to meet you.