Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 13th, 2001, 08:57 AM
Len

Default I DON'T UNDERSTAND???

There has just been a MAJOR terrorist event in our country and people are so worried about getting on their trips! In my opinon people should put their leisure travel plans on HOLD for the time being and just stay home! I don't think I could be on a cruise right now and enjoy myself wondering what may develop. I also think we should remember all those people that lost their lives and their families!
Sponsored Links
Old September 13th, 2001, 09:13 AM
Nick Kozloff

Default Re: I DON'T UNDERSTAND???

I totally disagree with this. I agree with some grief, and my heart goes out to all of the families, being very sincere about this. But if we put everything on hold the terrorists win, Don't you realize that this is the kind of action they want from us, normal activities being put on hold, etc. I say go on your cruises, you deserve it more then anyone, some people have been planning there cruises for a year. Don't let some terroist group put your life on hold. I know some people won't agree with what I'm saying, but I guess it's another(brighter) way to look at the horrible thing that's happened. Happy sailings everyone!!!
Old September 13th, 2001, 09:40 AM
Len

It's SELFISH in my opinion! I can't picture myself out on the Lido Deck having a good time when there is so much turmoil and sadness going on!!! Everyone is different I guess? Cruises and any leisure trips can be postponed. Personally I wouldn't even want to be away from my home and family at this point of time!
Old September 13th, 2001, 09:57 AM
Sonya

What are you going to do at home, watch t.v.news reports? If I had planned a cruise for over a year, I would go. People can grieve and worry just as well from a Lido deck as they can on the couch at home. Just my opinion, but I agree with Nick. Happy sailing to all those who are leaving out this week or next!!
One side note: donate blood before you leave for the cruise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SonyaSue in Tennessee
Old September 13th, 2001, 10:44 AM
Len

Just MY opinion! I had my cruise two weeks ago...I would just prefer to travel during "normal" times, not when we can be going to war at any time! Good Luck getting flights to/from the ports!
Old September 13th, 2001, 11:41 AM
Passenger

There is no such thing as "normal" times. There is grief and sadness all over the planet. If we all changed our plans because something terrible happened somewhere, we would never do anything. Staying home is not going to change anything. Do you think the cruise lines would refund your money because you don't "feel right" about cruising right now? Life is so full of uncertainties already that one just has to keep going or we could just curl up in a fetal position and wait till things are all clear. What a cowardly thing that would be. I am glad you had your cruise a couple of weeks ago, you obviously enjoyed it.
Old September 13th, 2001, 12:33 PM
Len

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions! I just think it's a SHAME that people can sit back and be so "self centered" worried about not making their trips right now! Sporting events, etc. all have been postponed due to the current state of our nation. Travel to get home or for an emergency situation is different. I am saying leisure travel can be postponed for the time being...that's all. End of topic.
Old September 13th, 2001, 12:47 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to shanden

I agree.
Old September 13th, 2001, 01:02 PM
Red

This is why the nation is where it is now. We feel so safe. We will party ourselves into eternity. As long as it is not us. God have mercy.
Old September 13th, 2001, 01:37 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Everyone has opinions that they are free to express. Emotions run high with regard to such traumatic events. Especially, one such has occurred that is unprecedented in history.
I'm sure there is a not a civilized person on earth who's heart isn't heavy with grief for those who have suffered such devastating losses. I know personally, I am still in shock.

I am one of the people who believes getting "normalcy" back in our lives is one of our "weapons" against dealing with these acts of evil. To do otherwise impowers these madmen more.
I don't think anyone is being selfish or showing disrespect to those lost souls. They carry their grief with them whereever they go.

Having these opinions doesn't necessarily make me right. But I think we must be careful about pointing fingers or calling each other names. Everyone handles grief in different ways.
Do not have room for divergent views disrespects the freedom that these innocent people died for.

Regards,
Kuki
Old September 13th, 2001, 02:12 PM
Passenger

LEN,

I MYSELF WENT THROUGH A TRAGIC EXPERIENCE ON 10/01/97. MY SON WAS SHOT AT THE PEARL, MISSISSIPPI, HIGH SCHOOL SHOOTING.
THAT PHONE CALL I RECEIVED THAT MORNING WILL BE WITH BE THE REST OF MY LIFE. MY HEART IS VERY HEAVY RIGHT NOW, FOR THE FAMILIES, VICTIMS AND US ALL. I WAS CALLED AND TOLD HE (MY SON), HAD BEEN SHOT AND TO GET TO THE SCHOOL ASAP. WHEN WE FINALLY FOUND OUT ABOUT HIS CONDITION (BEING A PARNET IT WAS NOTHING I COULD DO, BUT BE AT HIS BEDSIDE, HARD PILL TO SWALLOW!). IN ALL THE DISBELIEF AND DISMAY I THEN TURNED TO MY LORD IN PRAYER, THIS WAS THE ONLY WAY I MADE IT THROUGH.
AS HARD AS IT SEEMS, WE MUST MOVE FORWARD AND AND GO ON WITH OUR LIFE. TRUST ME, IT IS NOT EASY BUT, TIME HELPS.

"BECAUSE HE LIVES WE CAN FACE TOMORROW!!!"

MY HUSBAND AND I ARE SAILING ON THE INSPIRATION ON 9/23/01, I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO IT. I CAN STILL PRAY, WE CAN PRAY ANYWAY WE ARE AT. THIS WILL BE OUR 2ND CRUISE.

GOD BLESS AMERICA AND US ALL.

HAPPY CRUISEN TO ALL..........
Old September 13th, 2001, 03:27 PM
Smooth Operator

Len seems bitter .
Old September 13th, 2001, 03:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

Its such a hard situation, I would be scared to travel now...
Old September 13th, 2001, 05:31 PM
farmgirl

I will be traveling in 3 weeks with my son and daughter on the Sensation. My heart goes out to all the families. We cannot lock ourselves in our houses and the world out. I will not let these evil people win by not going. I will be more watchful than before. My 20 and 18 year feel the same way as me. At this time all the nation's prayers, where ever they are will be with these families.
Old September 13th, 2001, 05:50 PM
gogetter

Hello,

Sorry en i respectfully disagree with you.It i sok for people to grieve and be upset. How people deal with any situation is different. I personally do not think it is right for someone to say right or wrong what i should feel or what i should do. Let me grieve.
Old September 13th, 2001, 09:52 PM
Cruise Maniac

I feel like we HAVE to live life because we ARE the lucky ones, and that includes resuming our normal lives. The people that died in this horrific tragedy probably would not want everyone to stop planning the events that make us happy, that make us alive. WE are the lucky ones. We are the ones still here. We have the opportunity to be happy, to have fun, to laugh with new friends, to rekindle romance, to party or to do whatever this cruise is providing for us. To take an emotional break from the saddness that has overwhelmed everyone's lives is a healthy decision, in my opinion. We won't forget the thousands of lost lives, but feel gratitude for our current lives. I have never been more grateful to be alive than I have been since Tuesday, and I hope that thousands of souls are looking down understanding our decision to try to be happy.
Old September 14th, 2001, 02:35 PM
Smooth Operator

We are the lucky ones?...Are u sure about that?
Old September 14th, 2001, 11:57 PM
Timothy

I'm sure that we all feel pain for what happened this week. At first I felt that because of what had happened, cruising wasn't important at this time. I now feel that it is very important not to change our plans. Life must go on. I am personally not afraid to travel at this time. Because of the new security precautions, air travel is as safe as it has ever been. I'd just bet that cruise lines are beefing up security too. It would be a sad day when we hide in our homes & alter our plans because cowards decided that we should. I'll continue to pray for the victims & their families. I'll never forget their pain, but I'll also continue to live life to it's fullest. Who knows? Tomorrow could be the end. If I delay my cruise, who's to say I would live long enough to take the rescheduled one? I think we have to live for today, because tomorrow may never come. And we should try real hard to loose our fear. As M.L. King Jr. once said "A man isn't free, if he's afraid to die.