Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 14th, 2001, 07:51 AM
NJmatt

Default Carnival Victory

I have been visiting a website that I saw here awhile ago for the New York City Passger ship terminal namely http://www.nypst.com and find the page a wealth of info. However I am disturbed when I read where a miss allie who posted about not taking her cruise due to the tragedy in New York. That website clearly states that the Passenger ship Terminal is CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. If this is the
case then how does Carnival expect the ship to dock given the chain of events this past week. The other cruiselines are not even coming to New York. Is Carnival that hardup for the dollar and think they can just sail the ship in or are they willing to risk human lives in the name of the dollar?!
Sponsored Links
Old September 15th, 2001, 03:52 PM
darogue1

Default Re: Carnival Victory

check out what is being done at www.carnival.com web site. I know I know DAROGUE1
Old September 16th, 2001, 08:45 PM
climbinut

I just confirmed with Carnival that the cruise terminal is closed in NYC and that the cruise out now is returning to Boston which means that our cruise leaving on Sept 22 will have to take motor coaches from NYC to Boston to meet the ship and will probably be returning to Boston.

climbinut@aol.com
Old September 18th, 2001, 04:05 AM
climbinut

Carnival has motorcoachs from Upstate NY.... go figure Carnival quality here. The meeting place is 1 hour of of NYC and then nearly 4 hours from there to Boston when NYC to Boston is only roughly 4 hours. You think Carnival would be logical in realizing that 90%+ will have plans to originate out of NYC or coming in on flights to NYC. Those not flying into Boston will not likely take their charter that is adds another hour to the trip that is only 4 hours from New York.

I am somewhat bothered they also added St. John NB when we already had little time in Boston. Now we will probably not have time to see Boston as it will be our port of departure and by the time we get to the ship will be late afternoon/evening. You think Carnival would keep the ship in Boston overnight allowing passengers to actually enough time to see Boston rather than just as a boarding point.

So.... with that opinion that I'm sure doesn't matter as Carnival is probably doing what is less expensive for Carnival; Who is traveling from NYC and what transportation are you taking to get there? We have approximately 100 people in our group and are considering chartering a bus. Does anyone know a good charter bus company that operates between NYC and Boston?