I'M GOING ON THE IMAGINATION ON OCT 15TH..EVERYTHING IS PAID FOR AND I'M FLYING OUT OF NEW YORK CITY..FIRST I'M WORRIED ABOUT FLYING OUT OF THIS AIRPORT SO THAT I WILL TRY TO CHANGE BUT DO YOU GO ON YOUR TRIP THAT YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR ,FOR MONTHS,OR DO YOU NOT GO BECAUSE OF FEAR.MY HUSBAND AND I ARE TORN ON WHAT TO DO..LAST NIGHT HE SAID I DON'T THINK WE SHOULD GO...NOW IF WE GO TO WAR THEN YES I AGREE WITH HIM..BUT WE PAID 1,500 FOR OUR TRIP AND WHAT IF CARNIVAL DOES NOT ALLOW US TO CHANGE OUR VACATION?FROM WHAT I'VE READ SO FAR IS THAT CARNIVAL IS NOT GIVING CREDIT,PERIOD......
WHAT DO WE DO NOW?WILL IT BE SAFE BEING OUT IN THE OCEAN INCASE WAR OCCURS?WHY WON'T CARNIVAL GIVE US CREDIT?I GUESS I WANTED TO KNOW WHAT OTHERS ARE DOING?STAY OR GO?
I ALSO WANT TO SAY GOD BLESS EVERYONE AND GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!
MY HEART GOES OUT TO ANYONE WHO HAS LOVED ONES MISSING OR WHO HAS LOST SOMEONE DEAR TO THEM.......................
MY WIFE AND I ARE SCHEDULED TO BE ON THE JUBILEE OCT 1 AND THERE IS A GREAT CONCERN. RIGHT NOW I DONT THINK WE WILL GO. WE HAVE INVESTED A LOT OF MONEY AND HAVE BEEN WAITING SINCE JANUARY BUT I DONT THINK ITS WORTH THE RISK. WE MIGHT CHANGE OUR MINDS BUT WHO KNOWS.
I can't make a decision like that for you but I will make a comment. Thousands of people went to work as usual on Tuesday morning and more of them were killed than were airline passengers. I wouldn't say we are safe on a cruise ship, but then I have no idea where one is safe right now. I think we just go on and live our lives as best we can because if we don't the the terrorists win by taking away our freedom to make our own choices. Personally, I would probably go. Not because I am uncaring but because I want the world to know that we are still alive and well.
By the time that your cruise is scheduled, things should have been sorted out and you should have a clearer idea as to safety factors surrounding your cruise. At some point, we have to return to some semblance of normalcy, which also means accepting some sort of cancellation penalty policy. As events unfold, if sufficient numbers of passengers feel that travel is still unsafe, airlines and cruiselines will revise their policies. However, it is more likely that the upgraded security standards being established may restore our confidence and our willingness to fly and cruise as before. Life, even in the best of situations, is not risk-free. It is up to each of us to use our own judgement as to what level of risk we are willing to assume and certainly ought not to permit the possibility of financial penalty override that judgement. Had they known in advance, what would occur, the passengers on the ill-fated flights Tuesday would probably have been more than willing to forfeit the full airfare and more in order to cancel.
I am VERY mad at Carnival. I am a New York resident who was scheduled to leave on the Holiday cruise ship this Saturday , the 15th. They just opened the airports after closing it yesterday for more investigation. I DOUBT the plane is going (we were flying out of JFK at 7:15 am) and the airlines are more than willing to refund $. BUT CARNIVAL will only credit your cruise for another trip. Thats their normal policy pretty much. And after what they found out with the workers on their ships today they still have the same policy. Some nerve. Thank god all my friends and loved ones are ok, but many were there and had to run for their lives. And Carnival does not bend on their policy. My 1 year anniversary is on Monday and I know we won't be going, and I am perfectly happy because my husband and I are ok and that is the most important thing by far. But carnival has some nerve putting us through this aggravation.
I am wondering if anyone else is going through the same thing and any advice.
Take care and please feel free to e mail me if you are trying to figure out what to do too.
i aggree 100%...i have a rule that i live by.....nothing will cause me to be afraid ....when it is my time to go then the goodl ord will take me no matter where i am or what i am doing.....im am sailing out on the 14th also....happy sailing.. and god bless all the families affected by this
I leaving on 10/7 on the Sensation and I already have a friend who will drive down there if I have to. I am going with my two teenagers. I will not be afraid of might happen. If it does,it does. My prayers are with the families.
I agree with you all , i was scared to go on the Halloween cruise Oct 28 but after reading these Post I'm ready to go !! It true when the Good Lord says you have to go then its your turn!This is not going to change my life !!!
Heather, I couldn't agree more. Please read the email below that I sent to Carnival yesterday evening. I'm sure if enough people send them emails or calls them regarding our disbelief in the way Carnival is handling this situtation maybe something will be done about it.
Yes, I would like to voice my sincere disappointment in the service I received from your company today. My boyfriend and I are scheduled to travel on the Facsination ship that sails out of Miami on Monday afternoon. First of all after the recent events in our nation this week, we have been credited our airfare from American Airlines because of all the security issues that are going on. Second, as I walked into my office this morning I read on the CNN website that the FBI boarded the Carnival Facsination and detained two people who authorities determined have a "history of hijacking." After reading this we decided that our lives are more important than a vacation at this point. I called Carnival to find out that I needed to contact Expedia. I would like to say that Expedia was wonderful, however they can't help me because Carnival isn't willing to let me reschedule or refund me my cruise price.
I have never experienced such BAD customer service. I contacted your 1-888-CARNIVAL number to be told that I could cancel the cruise and write you a letter to explain why I was canceling and maybe Carnival would do something for me. In case Carnival hasn't turned on the TV this week, the United States is in a state of shock and we have lost approximately 5,000 people do to a careless act performed by "hijackers". Neither myself nor my boyfriend feel comfortable getting on a boat that this time and I feel Carnival needs to help their customers during this state of emergency.
I understand your frustration , but part of your problem may be dealing Expedia.While I am sure that they are sympathetic you are dealing with a wondrful customer service person who is so far down the "food chain" that they have no authority to help you...Dealing with a travel agent that specializes in a specific cruise line would have probably been a better bet..Who could have imagined what would have happened..any of us who are safe and with our families need to be thankful.Take care! .
I feel each person must decide for themselves whether to go on their future booked cruise. I have cruised 19 times with two booked before the end of this year. My husband says as so many say, "we are going".
But the question I ask myself is, " Is my life worth the $1500 or whatever the cost of a cruise"? No one can guarantee that cruising is safe from this day forward. But because hubby say we ARE going, then I must go all the time thinking, is this silly cruise worth dying for? Because the govenment is telling us, it isn't over and more may be coming from the terriorists. If you are willing to take that chance, it's your life and your money. Go for it. If I had my choice, I'd stay in my own little home, town, state, country where I do feel a measure of safety rather than in a plane and cruise ship that isn't even govened by the laws of the USA.
It truly is a personal decision. Do what your heart tells you and ignore everyone else.