Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 7th, 2001, 04:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Bermuda Consider Carnival...

I am from the country of Bermuda and wrote this letter to our local newspaper, The Royal Gazette. It was published on Friday, October 5th, 2001. Hope you enjoy...

Why not Carnival?

Dear Sir,

Being involved in the cruise ship industry for over six years, I feel, and I am sure others can say the same, the Bermuda Department of Tourism should consider Carnival Cruise Lines.

Why does the Department of Tourism continue to reject Carnival? In December of two thousand, Crown Cruise Lines parent company, Commodore Cruise Holdings filed for bankruptcy. Crown Cruise Line’s, Crown Dynasty operated the first and only weekend ship to Bermuda. With Commodore Cruise Holdings filling for bankruptcy the Department of Tourism was in search of finding another cruise line to replace Crown Cruise Line’s Crown Dynasty. As cruise lines already have their ships and itineraries planed well ahead of time it was impossible to find another cruise line to commence weekend voyages this year. Carnival offered to operate one of its “Fun Ships” to Bermuda on such a short notice that no other cruise lines could do. In my opinion wouldn't you have taken that opportunity? Carnival could have and would bring a great deal of revenue for Bermuda’s tourism industry and would make a great contribution to Bermuda as a whole. Carnival’s 16 “Fun Ship” Super liners make up the newest and the largest fleet of cruise ships in the world. Carnival has had the desire to sail to Bermuda for years but each time they try, they are rejected. Are Carnival’s guests different? Carnival’s guests are no different from those guests of Celebrity, Norwegian, Princess and Royal Caribbean whose ships already sail to Bermuda weekly during the cruise ship season. A few months ago the Department of Tourism agreed to allow Carnival to send the Carnival Triumph on three cruises next year. At least we know the communication level between the Department of Tourism and Carnival still exists.

Carnival Corporation (Carnival), is the world's largest and most profitable cruise company that owns six cruise brands. Carnival offers affordable prices - the best value in the entire vacation marketplace. "Today's Carnival" is committed to total guest satisfaction and is always looking for new ways to keep their product fresh and exciting. Always the pacesetter, Carnival continues to redefine contemporary cruising. Throughout the years Carnival has made significant financial contributions and is now donating fifty-dollars for each stateroom sold over the next thirty days to generate 1.5 million for the American Red Cross to aid in the recent terrorist attacks in New York and Washington, D.C. says, Carnival’s President Bob Dickinson.

Earlier this year Renaissance Cruises applied for a contract to sail to Bermuda and was given the approval a few days ago. Renaissance Cruises was given the approval to have one of its ships sail to Bermuda on the weekends. Well today, Renaissance Cruises ceased all cruise operations and passengers and crew currently onboard their vessels are being disembarked and travel arrangements are being made to get them home safely. Now the Department of Tourism is again, searching for another cruise line to commence weekend sailings to Bermuda. Also, in the next few years many of the cruise ship contracts are ending and the Department of Tourism are in search of other cruise lines. What is the future the Department of Tourism and the cruise ship industry here in Bermuda? In the future, will Carnival need Bermuda or will Bermuda need Carnival? Carnival Cruise Lines “the Most Popular Cruise Line in the World!”

What do you think? Love to hear from you...

Happy Cruising,
Leslie
lls@ibl.bm
Sponsored Links
Old October 7th, 2001, 09:23 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Bermuda Consider Carnival...

Hi Leslie
If Carnival would sail to Bermuda we would be delighted. We live in
Pennsylvania and the port of New York, or Baltimore or Philadelphia would
be close to drive to the ship. Have been on Carnival at least 11 times since
1994. We prefer the Destiny class ships (balcony) but the Fantasy class
with a window would be fine.
Carnival - consider Bermuda for an entire summer season!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A Carnival cruiser
Pat
Old October 7th, 2001, 10:05 PM
Passenger

I too would love to see Carnival be able to sail to Bermuda since I live in NY, however, I would like it for the week not the weekend. Even with the Port of NY closed to ships at this time since the Sept. 11 attack on the WTC I would even go to either Boston or Philly and park a car as I think it would be cheaper than airfare especially if there are four of us going.

Hope to see it in the near future. They need to be able to have one of the newer ships sail there though.
Old October 7th, 2001, 10:06 PM
Jamine

Carnival is sailing to Bermuda next year--once from Charleston, SC and once from Newport News, VA. We're booked on the Triumph from Charleston to Bermuda on May 29, and I can't wait! I only wish that they were spending more time in port and less time at sea. I would love to hear their explanation about how it will take 2 1/2 days to get there but only 1 1/2 days to return. Hmmmmm....