Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 14th, 2001, 03:45 PM
Timothy

Default Cruise Price

I did research & found that the same catagory of cruise that I booked has decreased considerably in price. Does anyone know if Carnival is refunding the difference when this happens? I wouldn't even ask if the difference was only a few bucks, but the price has dropped hundreds of dollars. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old October 14th, 2001, 03:48 PM
Timothy

Default Re: Cruise Price

Sorry. I failed to mention that my cruise has been paid in full.
Old October 14th, 2001, 04:05 PM
Chyna_C

Probably not, but you can ask your TA anyways. The new prices are usually just for new bookings and those of us who booked awhile ago are locked at the price we paid. The same happened to my cruise for December but I lucked out as I was adding a person to the cabin and a supervisor from my TA's company got Carnival to honor the lower price but I don't think this is their normal policy. In my case, I would imagine that since I was in reality increasing their revenue for the cruise they felt they could give the price break. This is just a guess though.
Old October 14th, 2001, 04:53 PM
Edison

Do you have time to cancel and re-book without incurring penalties?

Timothy wrote:
>
> I did research & found that the same catagory of cruise that
> I booked has decreased considerably in price. Does anyone
> know if Carnival is refunding the difference when this
> happens? I wouldn't even ask if the difference was only a few
> bucks, but the price has dropped hundreds of dollars. Thanks.
Old October 14th, 2001, 06:20 PM
Timothy

Edison (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: 10-14-01 15:53 wrote:

Do you have time to cancel and re-book without incurring penalties?

Wish I did have time to cancel and rebook Edison, but I'm due to set sail on the 27th of this month. I still think that my original price was ok, & I won't bicker with Carnival about it. I will give it a shot though. Thanks for the response guys.
Old October 14th, 2001, 06:43 PM
Robocop

Timothy,
It all depends on which cruise you are talking about and when it is. Due to the current slump because of the terrorist attacks cruiselines have deeply discounted some cruises in order to fill the ship. These prices are only for new bookings and not applicable to your prior booking. If you are our of the penalty timeframe then you may wish to reconsider cancelling and rebooking, if not then it may not be advantagous for you to do so. Most T/A's, all that are worth thier salt, will get you the new reduced prices if it is at all possible and even keep checks to ensure you get the best pricing. Understand that this is a very unique time and cruiselines are trying to stay afloat by making these unreal low prices and if they were to apply them rectoactivly they would shortly be out of business so don't be harsh with them or upset. The price was fine for you when you purchased it. Rather like buying a car a month ago and having to pay 8% financing and those buying a new car today are getting 0% financing. Just a matter of timing in a very unusual time.
Jim
Old October 15th, 2001, 01:45 AM
cwagner

I agree ask for an upgrade. Start with your TA. Check your TA's website - sometimes they offer a price guarantee. This happened to me last year on Royal Caribbean - the RC price went down on the website, and my TA (mytravelco.com)had a price guarantee. They said the new price was only good for new bookings but I just kept calling and making a stink. Eventually I got moved from an inside guarantee to a balcony and got $66 per person refunded. It took a lot of fussing on my part but was worth it.

This year we booked through cruise.com for the Spirit 11/19 for an 8a guarantee. The price dropped last week, I called them and they moved me to an 8I with a $88 per person refund. Cruise.com also has a price guarantee. They did this for me absolutely no questions asked, I didn't have to make a stink like I did with mytravelco.com.

I do know they cancelled and rebooked but were somehow able to do so without penalty.

Bottom line is squeaky wheel gets the grease. Good luck and hope this helps.
Old October 17th, 2001, 09:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

I also booked through cruise.com.

My agent told me if they published a cheaper rate, they will book the cruise for the cheapest rate available.

Well, I cannot get a hold of my agent -- haven't been able to for more than 2 weeks! When I contacted the customer service department, they said the price guarantee is no longer available due to the recent terrorist attacks.

However, I booked after September 11 and my TA told me about the price guarantee after the tragedy. And it seems you were able to get reimbursed for the difference recently.

So, what am I doing wrong here? I didn't nag about this issue with the customer service rep, but hearing you were able to get the price guarantee, can you give me a bit of advice about this situation.

Many thanks!