Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 14th, 2001, 07:59 PM
Paul & Sandra

Default Triumph Dec. 15, 2001

My wife and are setting out on our first cruise this December 15th on the Triumph and are needless to say, very excited. We would love to hear from other couples who have been on the Triumph before or who are going this December.

What is it like?

Thankyou!
Sponsored Links
Old October 15th, 2001, 08:07 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Triumph Dec. 15, 2001

Hi Paul and Sandra,
Found a members review of Triumph you may want to read through, not sure if it was the same itin you are doing, but should give you a feeling of the ship:

<http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/cruiseguide/shiptour/memreviews/mr_carnival/triumph15.cfm>

Also some great tips:

<http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/cruiseguide/first-time/index.cfm>

Have a wonderfu first cruise!

DOnna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old October 15th, 2001, 07:48 PM
Passenger

My husband and I just returned from the Triumph on Saturday...it was our first cruise as well...we had an amazing time as I'm sure you will too. If you have any specific questions, I'll be happy to help...I hope to post a review soon when I have more time.

Kristin
Old October 16th, 2001, 08:40 PM
Paul & Sandra

Thank you for responding to our email.

My husband & I would like to know how and when we book our dinner seating-we would prefer to have a late dinner, which we believe is at 8:00PM. Can we change seating time during the cruise?
Old October 16th, 2001, 08:48 PM
Paul & Sandra

Thank you for responding to our email.

My husband & I would like to know how and when we book our dinner seating-we would prefer to have a late dinner, which we believe is at 8:00PM. Can we change seating time during the cruise?

Did you have a stateroom with balcony and if so was it large enough to sit outside and relax?

How long did it take to "check in" at the pier and arrive at your cabin?

We're so excited about this cruise and are happy to hear you had a great time!!

Paul and Sandra
Old October 17th, 2001, 06:57 PM
Passenger

Hi Paul & Sandra
I booked our cruise online through Carnival, and when I booked it, we had the option of choosing the late or early early seating. (if you booked through a travel agent they should have given you an option as well) We chose the late seating, and got the 8:00 seating in the Paris Dining Room which was what we wanted. If you don't get your seating choice, I believe when you get on the ship you can ask about changing to a different time. (maybe someone else can give you better info on where or how to do this) We were fortunate and had a wonderful group of people at our table. The food was great too!

We had a stateroom with a balcony, room 8428 in the very back of the ship. We had one of the rooms with the *large* wrap around balconies...it was wonderful...we had two lounge chairs out there, a regular chair and a table....and there was room for even more chairs. If you can get one of these rooms, I highly recommend it!! The room with the big balcony was one of the reasons we chose Carnival and the Triumph over other ships for our first cruise...we wanted plenty of room to relax in the sunshine in peace if we wanted. Although we found ourselves spending lots of time by the pool too, they have a great band that plays reggae/Carribbean music every afternoon...it definitely gets you in the cruising mood. : )

Check-in for us didn't take too long, although it took longer than it should have. We stayed at the Sheraton the night before so we got to do the pre-check in there. When we got to the port after going through security, we got to skip the main check in line which was rather long. Our problem was, when we did the pre-check in they told us they had upgraded us to a suite. Most people would probably be thrilled with that,however, we really wanted the room with the large balcony that we had specifically chosen months ago.(I didn't think you would get an upgrade if you chose a specific room) I made a phone call from the hotel to Carnival and we thought we had it straightened out, but, when we went to get our keys at the port they had switched us to another room yet again. I had to talk to three different people, and someone finally took us back downstairs to the embarkation office where we finally got our original room back...it was a bit of a fight, but well worth it. Anyway, check in will probably take about an hour and a half or so (it probably depends on how early/late you get there)...overall the lines seemed to move fairly quickly.

If you have any more questions just ask. I am sure you will have a wonderful time. My husband and I are already making plans for our next cruise (we haven't even been back a week yet!)...it was that much fun....such a wonderful escape.
Kristin