CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Cat. 5A Obstructed/French door cabins on Spirit/Pr (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/186594-cat-5a-obstructed-french-door-cabins-spirit-google-page-ranking.html)

mlb October 14th, 2001 10:48 PM

Cat. 5A Obstructed/French door cabins on Spirit/Pr

Has anyone out there actually stayed in a 5A cabin on the Spirit? Am I correct in assuming the doors open for sea air, but you cannot walk out of them due to the railing? Can people walk past your french doors, or do they have the lifeboat gathering section on the deck below (so no one can pass your french doors)? Does the promenade on the deck below cause the 5A rooms to be noisy from loud conversations, etc? Do the lifeboats make for a really ugly feature, or do you see & hear enough ocean to make it worth it? Please answer if you've been there done that! Thanks!

GottaLuvCruising October 15th, 2001 05:25 PM

Re: Cat. 5A Obstructed/French door cabins on Spiri

Hi MLB

We are also booked in Category 5A on the Spirit (March 3, 2002.) I am anxious to hear the answers to some of your questions. However, I have seen a picture of the cabin and can tell you that the view is completely (or almost completely) obstructed by the lifeboats. Nobody walks by the French doors; the lifeboat is lowered one deck for boarding. Your cabin (and ours) shouldn't be noisy due to the Promenade Deck; it has to be kept clear in case of an emergency, so there are no deck chairs on it. We realize that we won't be able to see the ocean, but look forward to listening to it at night.

When are you sailing?

Bon Voyage!!

mlb October 15th, 2001 07:12 PM

Thanks for the input. Maybe someone will answer us both who has stayed in one.
Listening to the ocean, the smell, & maybe the breeze was my reason for thinking of it, too.( I wonder if the lifeboats creak at all???) We always stay in inside cabins. Had an outside once, & frankly liked the inside better. Darker & therefore it seemed quieter & easier to sleep. One of these days we'll get a regular balcony, but for now . . .

mlb October 15th, 2001 07:12 PM

Thanks for the input. Maybe someone will answer us both who has stayed in one.
Listening to the ocean, the smell, & maybe the breeze was my reason for thinking of it, too.( I wonder if the lifeboats creak at all???) We always stay in inside cabins. Had an outside once, & frankly liked the inside better. Darker & therefore it seemed quieter & easier to sleep. One of these days we'll get a regular balcony, but for now . . .

dalarkin October 15th, 2001 10:31 PM

Same question. By the way we're sailing 12/21/01.

mlb October 16th, 2001 09:46 PM

I even posted this question on another sight & I guess there aren't many people who have actually STAYED in this type of cabin out there who are seeing this question or who feel like answering. I was hoping to hear their experiences before booking it.

Jerry H October 17th, 2001 03:39 PM

Hi,
We are on the April 27th sailing of CCL Pride and ask similar questions (of CCL Spirit) in August. This is the best response that I got.....

.......Was on the Spirit transcanal cruise last April. Had friends in a 5A but did not visit their cabin, however, they told me the view was very obstructed.. they were so happy when a crew boat drill took place, they lowered the life boats and they were able to have a great view at that time.. but it did not last long! I think I remember them saying they were able to open the french doors. As for the mini refrigerators, all staterooms have one; I was in an inside/Verandah deck and had one.. as well as bathrobes!

Elise...

Have fun,

Jerry H.
Charleston, SC

mlb October 17th, 2001 04:21 PM

Thanks so much. I just contacted my T/A by email last nt. & need to make a quick decision. This one's hard!