Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 15th, 2001, 05:33 PM
Admiral

Default FT Lauderdale Airport to Miami

We are flying into Ft. Lauderdale Airport in January with a group of 6 adults. Any suggestions on the best way to shuttle to Miami? If we take a taxi we will need 2 cabs. Are there any mini-vans? Shuttle services? Approximate cost?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Karen
Sponsored Links
Old October 15th, 2001, 06:04 PM
First Mate

Default Re: FT Lauderdale Airport to Miami

There is a shuttle service from FLL airport to the Miami pier or you can book your own van. I did this for a group of 8 and I believe that the cost was just over a $100. I think the shuttle service is about $15 per person. Log on to the Fll airport site and look for ground transportation.
Old October 17th, 2001, 01:18 PM
Donna Beauregard

My husband and I did the "share ride limo". I believe it was $13.00 per person and you are expected to give a tip. This was in April 2000. We gave the driver $30.00 for both of us. You just go outside at the level for ground transportation and there is a man at a podium who takes your name tells you how long the wait will be. The guy drives pretty fast. I was a little nervous. Renting a van might be the better way to go for that many people.
Old October 17th, 2001, 11:55 PM
Passenger

about how long did it take? We are arriving in FLL at 12:30 and our ship leaves around 5. Do you think we have enough time? I hope so..
Old October 18th, 2001, 09:31 AM
Passenger

It's about 30 minutes on a shuttle. Not a whole lot different than using MIA.
Old October 18th, 2001, 10:46 PM
Admiral

Thanks to all for the advice. Being able to get practical advice from those that have "been there", is much appreciated & one of the best things about this board.

Happy Sailing

Karen
Old October 22nd, 2001, 08:27 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Our motel shuttle dropped us off. We went up to the share ride guy and he just happened to have one leaving withing 5 minutes. It took about 25 minutes to get there. He drove soooo fast. I think the most you would have to wait is 1/2 hour. If you go to the airport website and look under ground transportation, I bet it tells you. I think you'd have time.
Old November 3rd, 2001, 09:13 AM
holly

Hope i'm not too late. Carnival offers a bus shuttle. Did 12/99 and will now 12/01. Cost is $30 pp round tip. Booked w/ TA on credit card.