Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 17th, 2001, 09:42 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Can you pay for upgrades when boarding ?

Does anyone know if you can pay to upgrade your cabin at the pier when boarding ? I booked an inside cabin and I'm wondering if the ship isn't filled to capacity, will they offer an upgrade at a discount.
Sponsored Links
Old October 17th, 2001, 04:37 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Can you pay for upgrades when boarding ?

I think you can. But how about this option......We were booked for an inside stateroom aboard the Celebrity Galaxy...visited the Celebrity website and saw that we could switch to a Cat 5 Panorama Deck Oceanview w/Picture Window for an additional 82 per person for the 7 day cruise. We did and our total price for the cruise increased only 164(everything included) for what we feel is a nicer cabin. Plus I always like the idea of cruising for less than a 100 aday pp. lol. Check it out because it seems cabin prices do go down a lot of times.
Good Luck
Semper Fi
Rick
Old October 18th, 2001, 11:18 AM
Robocop

You can if there are any cabins available BUT.....it will be at a premium rate. You are much better off having your TA get you the upgrade and paying for it through them.
Jim
Old October 22nd, 2001, 10:37 AM
tnmdougherty

I called once we were within the 45 day window for cancellations. I was told that balconies were still available, but my upgrade would cost an additional $575 per person!!! Don't want a balcony that bad. I'm going to call the day before we sail and see if the price has dropped any. If not, I plan to be very happy with my oceanview window. After all, I WILL still be on the ship. A bad day cruising still beats a good day at work. Happy sailing!!