Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 19th, 2001, 07:09 PM
Passenger

Default carnival food

hows the food onthe inspiration
Sponsored Links
Old October 19th, 2001, 10:49 PM
First Mate

Default Re: carnival food

Hi Nichole, The food on the Inspiration is good. However, we found us eating in the Brasserie Dining Room (on the Pool Deck ) more and more.I think it was because we could go as- we- where. We ate out on the Pool Deck for Breakfast and inside the Brasserie Dining Room for lunch. This is all buffet dining and casual dress.While the main dining rooms are not , and you'll also have your seating time .( early or late )You'll also need to try the pizza bar.Which is also in the Brasserie Dining Room. You'll have ( 2 ) formal nights. We attended only one. Between the pool deck and the main dining room, you won't go hungry. Remember, if you don't like something, get something else. Its no problem. If you want double helpings of something, just ask.If you need to ask me anything, please feel free to e-mail me.
Hope you enjoy your cruise. We sure did ! Happy cruising
Old October 20th, 2001, 07:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

thank you david
Old October 20th, 2001, 08:03 PM
Len

I find Carnival's food "bountiful and plenty" if you don't want to eat in the formal dining rooms there is always the optional dining area on the Lido and the 24 hour pizzerias which serves several styles of pizza and salads, also room service however choices are limited. You won't go hungry there is always somewhere to find a bite to eat!
Old October 21st, 2001, 05:36 PM
Sealover

The food on Carnival is good and i find if you ask for another entree you are not looked "down" upon as I have found on Celebrity. Portions on Carnival are small but more for the asking,with no problem.
Old October 21st, 2001, 05:48 PM
Cruise Maniac

We just got back from the Jubilee, and the food was very good. We ate in the main dining room most of the time and the wait staff was as good as the food. the portions are small but you order a starter & soup, salad, then the main course. If you want more all you have to do is ask.

Don
Old October 21st, 2001, 05:52 PM
Len

I also think the portions are not very large, but I don't like to over stuff at one sitting, but you can get the pasta entree as an appetizer if you wish or a half order of another entree if you want to sample something and they don't frown upon you at all. The salads I thought were very good and fresh and NOT your average lettuce they always had a nice mix of greens, leaf lettuce, etc. I did have a steak one night that I didn't really care for, but still ate it. Overall I would rate the food above average.
Old October 22nd, 2001, 10:49 AM
jamester

We're going first week of March on inspiration. I'm glad to hear the food is good and plentiful.