Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 20th, 2001, 10:17 PM
First Mate

Default Bringing my own soda

Well we have made final payments and have been told bringing sodas on board is not allowed. We were told this on our last cruise (different line) but we put them in our luggage and they let us on.
But with all the new security now, what is the opinion of the board on taking my own sodas, packed in my luggage? Risk it or pass?
Sponsored Links
Old October 20th, 2001, 10:31 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Bringing my own soda

We were on the Triumph a week ago and I called before going to inquire about bringing drinks because I'd heard so many different things. They do allow you to bring your own soda and water on board...but not alcohol. (although you can bring wine)

Happy Sailing,
Kristin
Old October 21st, 2001, 01:52 AM
Cruise Maniac

Why would you want to bring your own sodas? Special brand? Canned cokes on Carnival are 1.73 (Tip incl). I can see bringing your own wine (small glass white Zin 4 +dollars). But soda???? Not being a wise-azzzz here but was wondering why? thanks
Old October 21st, 2001, 09:25 AM
Yeoman

On our last cruise we picked up a 6 pack of soda and a couple bottles of water at our first port (St. Thomas) and brought them right back on with us in full sight. Not a word was said.

We did this to save a little money. The 6 pack was $2.00 (just a little more then one soda) and the bottles of water were ($0.85) which was a little less then the $3.25 bottle of evian in the room. We had a fixed budget for this vacation and doing it this way allowed us an extra souvier. It's all how you want to spend your money.
Old October 21st, 2001, 11:28 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Michelle....ok I see ..thanks nm

nnnnn
Old October 21st, 2001, 08:13 PM
LS

Six Pac diet Coke $.99 this week. To you $1.73 each may be nothing, but to some it's something..
Old October 23rd, 2001, 08:50 PM
Cruise Maniac

I brought a case of soda and a case of water as carry on in the open and was no problem
Old October 23rd, 2001, 08:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

I brought mine because i"m cheap and proud of it!!!
Old October 24th, 2001, 09:01 AM
First Mate

thanks to all who posted. Harry I do not think you are a wise ass, it was a perfectly honest question. Though $1.73 per can would get a little stiff with both my husband I drinking 2/3 cans per day each!!!
Pipefit, I thought your answer was the funniest. Cracked me up on a morning when I really needed it.....thanks!

I being the one who will actually pack us has decided to pack the soda, and informed my mother to pack soda as well.

If for some reason they take it then I hope they like, diet coke, mountain dew, pepsi and grape because that is what will be packed between all of our suitcases!!!