Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 21st, 2001, 05:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Questions about the Jubilee Just ask!

Hey All!
Well we just got back from our Jubilee cruise. On a scale from 1 - 10 it was an 8.5!
The ship was smaller than what we had been on before but there was still a lot to do, There is a vibration all the time but its not bad and you get use to it quickly. The food in the main dining room was great! There was plenty to eat and drink. We would order 2 starters then a nice salad. the main course was very good, I think I had seafood about every night. I ordered the lobster (WOW) and when I got done the waiter asked "are you sure you do not want another one?".

Speaking of the wait staff, score 10 out of 10!!!!
My kids were spoiled rotten, and cried when we had to leave them.

If you traveled with RCCL and then see Carnival's cabins you think you were in a suite. There a lot larger.

Drinks were good avg price 4.25.

Camp Carnival was ok I think, my kids liked it and it kept them busy.

The shows were where they needed help. Good thing for the drinks!

Please feel free to ask questions and all answer them all.

Thanks

Don

(Ready for the next one)
Sponsored Links
Old October 21st, 2001, 06:12 PM
Len

Default Re: Questions about the Jubilee Just ask!

Don sounds like you really enjoyed it! I had read many reviews regarding the vibrations you mentioned. My only concern is the age of the ship and lack of "center Atrium" that you find on the Fantasy, Destiny & Spirit classes. Is the Jubilee showing her age pretty badly? Do you know when she was last refurbished? Anything else you can add will be helpful...thanks! Btw, what other Carnival ships have you sailed?
Old October 22nd, 2001, 02:10 PM
First Mate

I came back from cruising the Jubilee on Oct. 11. Was in cabin M36. I did no feel any vibrations. Also the two broadway type shows were very good. I found the singers had great voices.

I had three kids with me ages 13, 13 and 11. The Kid Carnival was great for the 11 year old. She had a blast, the two older ones just found friends and had a great time.

The whole family is thinking of going again in December 2001.
Old October 22nd, 2001, 03:03 PM
Dan McDonald

Hi Len,

I liked the Jubilee. It doesn't have an atrium like the Fantasy class,
but that didn't bother me. The layout of the ship is virtually
identical to the Fantasy class ships, but a bit smaller. I'm
planning on going on the Jubilee again on 6/15/02.
Old October 22nd, 2001, 07:29 PM
Passenger

I got off the jubilee on oct 6th and would give the whole experience 9 out of 10 the only thing was the vibration, but you get used to it pretty quick, it makes you sleep like a baby but that could've been the late nights and the drinks. I heard that it is scheduled to be in dry dock right now for a remodeling. I would not hesitate sailing on her again and plan to next year.
Old October 22nd, 2001, 08:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

I would have to disagree with most of you. I sailed a Fantasy Class ship summer of 2000, and then summer of 2001 we went on the Jubilee. The Layout i thought sucked. I found my way around the Fantasy class ALOT better and it was one day shorter and about 100 ft. longer. But mabye thats just me. The Atrium kind of bothered me, bc thats like the best part of the ship in a way. Also there wasnt a pool side stage, and also the pool was ALOT smaller!!!!!!! I just prefer the larger ships with more decks. THink of it this way the bigger, the more to do, the better!!! I think we are planning a cruise summer 2002 on a Spirit class ship. I recomend Carnival Cruise Line Fantasy class and higher! I mean dont get my wrong the cruise was great but it was not near as good as the bigger ship. and questions Email AbercrombieAF179@yahoo.com or AOL Im me at AbercrombieAF179 or post a reply.

Robert
Old October 23rd, 2001, 08:02 PM
Cruise Maniac

I did not think she was showing her age. Your right no center atrium, but no big deal, she was just fine. No other Carnival ships but did sail RCCL.

Don
Old October 23rd, 2001, 08:23 PM
Len

Don, appreciate your reviews. I am stuck as what to do right now? I just sailed the Fascination in Aug. then booked the Jubilee for April and now just recently paid for the Pride in Jan. The Pride is a GO 100% PAID IN FULL, but my credit card is going to be maxed out with all these cruises! I am becoming an ADDICTED fool...but loving it! I may have to postpone the Jubilee to a later date? I don't know I have until Feb. to cancel/rebook the Jubilee. Guess I will make my mind up after I get back from the Pride and how much I spend on this cruise?
Old October 24th, 2001, 11:27 PM
Doris

Don glad you had a great cruise.. Our group of 4 sails on the Jubliee Jan 2002, all 1st timers and can hardly wait... I do realize that this ship is a older one and maybe not the Queen Mary but neither is the price.. It has allowed me the chance to experience crusing as a vacation..It sure beats the little fishing boat that I have in the backyard...I believe that the Jubliee is in for a facelift for a couple of weeks..I can't think of any question at this time but if I may I might have afew after our group meets.. Did you do the stingray tour, if so was it the ship tour or was it Captain Marvin's.. Happy Crusing
Old January 5th, 2002, 11:01 PM
First Mate

My question involves the port. A group of us are going on the Jubilee in Marchl My travel agent indicated there might be a really long wait due to traffic to get into the port and also that bags were checked double duty since Sept 11. Any advice?
Old January 28th, 2002, 06:33 AM
Cathy and Bruce

Judy, you mention March but don't say the date. When are cruising on the Jubilee? We are going March 23. Would like to share notes by email.
Cathy and Bruce