Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 22nd, 2001, 01:15 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Port Canaveral

Considering Carnival cruise from Port Canaveral. Requesting information as to the airport into which you flew (we will be coming from Detroit) and what is best to do....stay at hotel near hotel or near port. Our last cruise we stayed near the airport in LA and purchased the cruiseline transfers to the port. Thanks
Dee
Sponsored Links
Old October 22nd, 2001, 01:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via ICQ to Kim
Default Re: Port Canaveral

We flew into MCO (Orlando) and rented a car from Avis at the airport. We drove to the Radisson Resort at the Port, which is about a mile from the cruise terminal. It's a beautiful resort with standard rooms as well as huge suites with in-room jacuzzis and best of all, a view of your ship in the morning There's an Avis office in the lobby where the car can be returned, and free shuttle service to the port provided by both the Radisson and Avis. At the end of the cruise, you can repeat the procedure in reverse; shuttles will be waiting.
If your flight arrives in Orlando very late at night, I would recommend staying at the Hyatt located right in the airport. I'm not sure if Carnival runs a bus from the airport to the terminal; other options are towncar services like Tiffany or Happy Limos or Mears shuttles, or renting from Avis or Budget (Budget also offers free shuttles to/from the port).
Happy cruising!

kim
Old October 22nd, 2001, 01:26 PM
Moondawgie

We have a group going on the Pride March 2, 2002 from Pt. Canaveral and we are flying into Orlando Airport.

I am renting a car, some are taking a shuttle (private, not Carnival) to a hotel near the pier. We are arriving one or more days before the cruise and staying at the Radisson.

I assume that Carnival will transfer you from Airport to Pier if you buy their transfers. We are only using the return transfers from Pier to Airport.

The hotel has a shuttle to the pier.

Good luck.
Old October 22nd, 2001, 05:14 PM
gogetter

Hello,

I would say Orlando is the biggest, but 3 other possibilities exist. Daytona Beach, SAnford-Orlando, and Melbourne. They all are within an hour of Port Canaveral, just depends what airline flies into them.
Old October 22nd, 2001, 06:07 PM
bloemie

Dee,

We are flying into Jacksonville ( only airport I could get into on frequent flyer miles)Feb 1 renting an Avis and staying at the Radisson in Cape Canaveral. They have an Avis drop off/pick up and a free shuttle to the pier.

Note that on Carnivals web site they have a coupon for $ 300 of the pride and Spirit balconies as well as a $ 599 inside rate if you book before the end of the month. I just got a $ 300 rebate through my TA.

Bloemie
Old October 24th, 2001, 03:41 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thank you all for your help. We have been told that Orlando is the airport of choice for the cruiseline, and that we can buy the transfers from there to the port. HOwever, we have found the best airfares going into Melbourne, but the transfers are not available from there to the port. Any ideas? Thanks D
Old October 24th, 2001, 03:54 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via ICQ to Kim

There's an Avis location at the Melbourne airport, you could follow the same advice I recommended for Orlando.

Kim
Old October 25th, 2001, 12:26 PM
Jerry H

Bloemie,

Where did you find the coupon at Carnival's web site? I could not find it.

Thanks,
Jerry H
Charleston, SC
Old October 25th, 2001, 07:11 PM
Len

I think coupon only applies to PAST Carnival guests. You can access it on the "past guest" link of Carnival's site.
Old October 25th, 2001, 07:18 PM
Len

Similiar question...leaving on the Pride from Port Canaveral in Jan. This is the scenario. I am flying into Orlando day prior to the cruise, my travel mate is driving to Orlando from GA and meeting me there. We plan to grab an over night room in the Orlando area and then drive to the port the next morning. Any advice on a decent "mid priced" hotel around the Orlando airport area? Also what is the driving time from MCO to the port, and parking info. rates, etc. Thanks!
Old October 26th, 2001, 09:16 PM
Cruise Maniac

go to www.cruiseconcierge.com

in the "get to the pier" section there's a summary of your transfer options
Old November 25th, 2001, 09:00 PM
First Mate

Hi Len,
I just took the same cruise in October. What we did was flew into MCO the day prior and took a shuttle to Pt. Canaveral. We stayed there and then went to the ship the next day. On the way home we rented a hotel room in Orlando for the day and then took a late flight into Baltimore. We stayed at LaQuinta Hotel right near the airport and they have a free shuttle. We took a shuttle to the port with Omni Trans they charged us about 15.00 pp rt to get to the port...Carnival charges you 30. Have fun. Let me know if you have any other questions, this is my favorite topic!

Susan

parking at the port can be pricey