Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 22nd, 2001, 06:31 PM
Pattyc

Default Bringing liquor in checked bags

Anyone successful in taking any bottles of liquor onto the Triumph. We are sailing in November, and like to relax on our balcony with a drink before dinner. We always purchase drinks from the pool and shows, but it is nice to have a drink when you want if you are in the cabin. Please give us any feedback. Thanks!!! Patty
Sponsored Links
Old October 22nd, 2001, 07:03 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Bringing liquor in checked bags

Hi Patty,
We sailed on the Triumph October 6th...we had 2 bottles of liquor in our checked bags, they made it to our room without a problem. We too brought it just so that we could have a couple of drinks out on the balcony without having to go "out" for them...however, most of our drinks came from the bar (those drink specials were great!!) and we ended up disposing of most of the liquor we brought at the end of the trip. Have a wonderful time!

Happy Sailing,
Kristin
Old October 22nd, 2001, 07:14 PM
Admiral

Check the front pages of your cruise docs.......it says you cant bring Acoholic beverages aboard HOWEVER the next sentence says you can bring wine or cham...aboard for special occasions Oh well, for us a cruise is a "special occasion" lol. We always pack our wine in checked baggage and I usually have a small bottle of Jim Beam in my bag. Never had a prob....PLEASE keep in mind that your suitcases may be "roughed" up alittle before they appear outside you room SO if you pack glass containers..... protect it well! Have a fun time !!!!!!
Semper Fidelis
Old October 22nd, 2001, 07:34 PM
Passenger

i just got off of the jubilee and i took a "plastic" bottle of vodka on in my checked baggage with no problem at all so go for it!
Old October 23rd, 2001, 10:05 AM
First Mate

It is the only way to go! Put it in plastic bottles like an old empty two litre plastic Coca Cola bottle. I then put these in a ziploc plastic baggie in the event they leak not to mess up all my clothes. They will sometimes open and CONFISCATE stuff out of your "CARRY ON LUGGAGE" seen it happen in Tampa with Regal Cruise Line where they don't allow you to bring on ANY food or drink items! Keep them in your "CHECKED SUITCASES"
Old October 26th, 2001, 01:08 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

We're leaving Monday on a cruise on the Ectasy, and once again I made liquor provisions.

Here is my tip ... I transfer my gin into a one-litre plastic water bottle. Looks just like water (just don't light a match around it!)

I usually check that one but have easily brought one of the smaller bottles in my carry-on, too.

By the way, mixers are hard to find in port and on the ship, so pack enough. I'll never forget on Norwegian when I called room service and ordered 8 glasses of orange juice. :-)

Harry Martin
Old October 29th, 2001, 01:56 PM
Randall

I agree with Harry. I just got off the Fascination and I packed several .5 litre water bottles with vodka and clear rum. I threw them in with my gym 'gear' in my checked bag and there was no problem. Definitely use a zip lock bag in case it leaks. You don't want to smell like a drunk. And don't forget the mixers. Carnival offers ice tea, fruit punch, lemonade and apple juice.....not great mixers for drinks. We like tropicana twister for baybreezes and rum punches. Don't pay $1.73 for a can of soda either. Pack your own. It's definitely worth it.

Randall
Victory 11/01
Fascination 10/01
Harry Martin wrote:
>
> We're leaving Monday on a cruise on the Ectasy, and once
> again I made liquor provisions.
>
> Here is my tip ... I transfer my gin into a one-litre plastic
> water bottle. Looks just like water (just don't light a match
> around it!)
>
> I usually check that one but have easily brought one of the
> smaller bottles in my carry-on, too.
>
> By the way, mixers are hard to find in port and on the ship,
> so pack enough. I'll never forget on Norwegian when I called
> room service and ordered 8 glasses of orange juice. :-)
>
> Harry Martin
Old November 3rd, 2001, 12:23 AM
johnboy

better idea, have used it several times, empty, drink it up, a 5LTR box of wine.. rinse out the bag and fill it up with your choice of spirit.. put a little tape over the spout and there you go.. breakable??? took one filled it with water put it on my deck and jumped on it several times, i weigh 185, could not break it or pop it open.. they lay great on your closet shelf.. as to mixes check out some of the crystal light mixer flavors, they work quite well in your morming coffie pot... john
Old November 29th, 2001, 03:53 PM
Passenger

I have found the easiest thing to do is to get the miniatures from the liquor store. They are easy to pack (inside shoes, inside shorts pockets, rolled up inside shirts, etc.) and most brands come in plastic rather than glass bottles. This past cruise we brought 72 of these miniatures. They are also great for sneaking into the dining room (mixing drinks under the table) and when we emptied them all we bought bottles in port to refill them with. As for smuggling the big bottles purchased in port back on the ship..... well we were pretty clever there! We stopped at a market and purchased large bottles of either soda or punch (depending on what we were mixing the alchohol with later) then dumped most of the non-alc beverage out and filled it to the top with the rum or vodka or whatever. Carnival security had NO PROBLEMS with us bringing a gallon of "Hawaiian Punch" back from the beach! We did this at every other port and nobody questioned the contents.