Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 25th, 2001, 10:46 PM
Traci

Default Cruise Now, Pay Later

I applied for and received Carnival's Capital One credit card where you can finance a cruise and pay monthly. Has anyone used this card in paying for a cruise, or had any experiences with it? I'm just wondering if it works out to be worth it in the end. I also have a question as to whether or not you have book directly with Carnival in order for the card to work, or will it work with a Carnival cruise booked anywhere? Thanks for the help.

Traci
Sponsored Links
Old October 26th, 2001, 08:40 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Cruise Now, Pay Later

I have an experience with the cruise now, pay later deal, but not with Carnival.
If you want my version, different line let me know.
Old October 26th, 2001, 08:58 AM
Chyna_c

I applied for it as a "lark" and I had booked through a TA and they took the card without any troubles.
Old October 26th, 2001, 09:48 AM
Vanetta

Concerning Cruise Now Pay Later. You can book through a travel agent and use this program. This is the process: Finalize you cruise plans concerning date,
ship, cabin category,etc. ---when you are ready to book you can call your travel agent --they will give a 800 number to call. Capital Credit will do a credit check on you and let you know how much you can put on your card. It may be the full amount of the cruise, if your credit is good, or ---if your credit is questionable, they will allow you to charge a certain amount on your Capital Card --they will tell you how much. You will have to pay the difference if they do not approve you for the full amount.
Once you have been approved you can call your travel agent back and tell them you have been approved. That's it!!
***However--it is IMPORTANT to note that once Capital Credit approves you--it is difficult to change your mind about the cruise--)ex. if you decide you don't want to go ) I am a travel agent and I had a very difficult time trying to cancel a cruise that a client had been partially approved for.
During the course of the credit approval, the customer was approved for only a portion of the price of the cruise and she wasn't sure if she wanted to go because she had to pay the difference. However, Capital Credit wanted to force her to stay with the booking.
My advice to anyone is make very sure you want to go on the cruise before calling Capital Credit for their " Pay Now Cruise Later Program".
Old October 26th, 2001, 01:50 PM
Traci

Thanks Vanetta, that was helpful. I've already been approved for the card, they sent me a letter in the mail saying so. They told me the card should arrive any day now. The limit they quoted me was $1500. Now once I decide to book the cruise, I will have to call Carnival and go through the credit check again, even though I already have the card? Where are you a travel agent out of? I live in California and am planning to book the Carnival Triumph's December 1 sailing within the next few days.

Traci
Old October 26th, 2001, 01:51 PM
Traci

Sure, I'd love to hear about your experience with a different cruise line. Any insight would be helpful.

Traci
Old October 26th, 2001, 03:36 PM
First Mate

I emailed you.
Old October 26th, 2001, 06:58 PM
Len

Be AWARE Cap-One is very difficult to deal with even with EXCELLENT credit history! I have a card with them (not a Carnival one), and they are a ***** to deal with! I had one, yes only one late payment with them...my error in the payment due date and they would NOT bend at all in a one time courtesy for my error! I admitted it was my error and sent payment late by only a day or two and NO dice...late fee end of story! But still keep getting their "pre approved" Carnival card applications in the mail? Since closing my account with them they have offered to re open my account at a lower interest rate and higher credit limit? Sorry Charlie...have had other better credit card offers come along...so bye, bye Cap-One!!! Just make sure if you get their card don't be a day late on any payments!!!
Old October 26th, 2001, 09:59 PM
Passenger

I always "cruise now and pay later"...its called a simple generic credit card with a higher limit and half the interest rate that the "Carnival Card" would allow..why bother with them??

Mitch

Triumph 11/03/01
Imagination 11/00
Paradise 01/00
Holiday 11/98
Norway 10/86
Mardi Gras 03/86
Old October 27th, 2001, 12:29 AM
Admiral

Default Len..good for you! nm

none
Old October 27th, 2001, 12:34 AM
Admiral

I would be very careful with anything thas allows me to "do it now. pay alter". The key word is "pay". Don't know your age but if you are just starting out....be careful cause it's easy to get in "over your head" with credit cards. Good Luck