Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 18th, 2003, 12:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Carnival's non alcholic beverage policy

I was just on the phone with a representative of Carnival Cruise line and they told me that the ban on non-alcholic beverages was NOT repealed as it has been stated in other posts. If you need a beverage for medical necessity, you have to contact Carnival to see if they can get it for you. For those cruisers who use a machine to sleep with (a C-PAP) machine they informed me that if you call Carnival they will get you a bottle of distilled water (for $3.00 a gal) and place it in your room in time for sailing. The number to Carnival Special Needs Dept is 1-800-438-6744 est. 70025.

If any one recently brought any soda or water on board, please let me know if you had problems getting on board...

David...

Post Edited (04-19-03 17:56)
Sponsored Links
Old April 18th, 2003, 04:32 PM
debbie s

Default Re: Carnival's non alcholic beverage policy

Recently returned from the Inspiration (4/6). In my carry on I had two liter bottles of diet tonic water. No one every said a word. We also bought a regular bottle of tonic water in the Cayman Islands and brought it back on board. No problem. Maybe if you are carrying cases of the stuff, it would be problem. They were taking liquor that people purchased in port , to deliver to your cabin on the last night of the cruise. I took a small bottle of gin and packed that into my luggage. It arrived safely.
Old April 19th, 2003, 11:58 AM
Beginner

David, I just returned from a cruise on the Celebration on 4-17 (yes, the same cruise the man went overboard on) My friend & I each carried on a 12 pack of diet coke without any problems. We did not hide it, just carried it on. Just before boarding, my friend asked if we could bring it on, and was told it was fine. We met others on board that had brought their drinks (sodas and water) without problems as well.
Old April 22nd, 2003, 07:04 PM
Passenger

Never a problem on 7 cruises with Carnival.

Chandris: March 1989
Jubilee: Nov. 1991
Jubilee: Feb. 1996
Fascination: May 1997
Jubilee: Mar. 1998
Elation: Nov. 2000
Legend: Dec. 2002
Paradise: sailing Nov. 30, 2003