Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 17th, 2003, 04:16 PM
Passenger

Default Price drop

Looking for some help...
We are sailing on the Carnival Destiny on May 4. After checking with Carnival, I found that the price of our cabin went down $100 per person. Out Travel agent tried to get us an upgrade but Carnival would not go for it. They said that we cannot use onboard credit money to go toward an upgrade. It comes from a different pot of money. Any ideas on how our TA could persuade Carnival to give us the upgrade instead of the $200 onboard credit?
Sponsored Links
Old April 17th, 2003, 04:23 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Price drop

Unless you expect to get jumped from an inside cabin to a suite, skip pushing for the upgrade and keep the $200 in credit. $200 in credit covers my bar bill for the week plus
a nice excursion. Who needs an upgrade? Just one man's opinion.
Old April 17th, 2003, 06:25 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Price drop

Papa Bill...
We just want to upgrade from an oceanview cabin to a balcony cabin. Believe me, we are very happy getting the onboard credit.
Old April 21st, 2003, 02:33 PM
L Galloway

Default Re: Re: Re: Price drop

Probably not going to happen. We just had the same problem with a lot more price drop than that. We were upgraded with the first price drop from a 6-A oceanview to a 6-D ocean view and a 300.00 onboard credit. Then Carnival came back and said they would do one or the other, but not both, but the price had dropped again and we could not upgrade to the suite, so we took the suite. Then they came back and said it was a mix-up and it would be the 300.00 credit we were due plus and extra 400.00 to book the suite. By this time we were sick of dealing with it. We had booked our in-laws also in the past week since the price had dropped in a category 6-C so our TA called Carnival back and told them we wouldn't pay the extra to be upgraded. At this point they offered to move us back down to the 6-D, but we declined that and had them book us one deck down and a few doors from our in-laws in category 6-C at the current rate and they are refunding 456.00 to our TA that she will cut us a check for and give us when we pick up our tickets. Our agent was very, very busy too and I finally found the only way I could make her focus on our problem with no distractions was to physically go in the office and have her call Carnival and negotiate while I was sitting there. It wasn't that the TA was avoiding us, but rather that people kept walking in or calling and she'd shift her attention somewhere else. The key is to be persistent, you are the customer.
Old April 22nd, 2003, 09:15 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to pridevacation

Hello L Galloway

It looks like you handled your agent the best way possible, by going into the office and taking care of business. But I would have thought your agent could finish up the days work after they closed for the day. I do not leave my office until everyone gets called back and since CCL reservations has a hotline that is open 24 hrs a day, then no real good excuse can exercised from your TA to you.

Darrell
Old April 22nd, 2003, 12:53 PM
Jo Ann

When do you know if the price goes down.....Do you have to keep wathcing yourself or will the travel agent make the attempt. We are booked on Conquest for November and it was not discounted when we booked. Do we just look at Carnivals web-site or what?
Old April 22nd, 2003, 02:53 PM
Admiral

As you are sailing in a few weeks do not look for nor expect anything from Carnival. This happened to me 3 weeks prior and CCL refused upgrade or shipboard credit.
Old April 23rd, 2003, 04:18 PM
Jo Ann

HOW do you find out about a price drop ???????
Old April 23rd, 2003, 04:37 PM
Passenger

I'm a first time cruiser to Carnival Celebration. We had our trip paid for back in March and leave June 2nd. I noticed that the rates dropped on our cruise and called my TA and she called carnival. They refunded the difference back to our credit card. I just searched around on web sites for the rates.