Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 4th, 2001, 09:05 AM
Candy

Default Got Carnival Vouchers

I received my Carnival vouchers from that lawsuit. They sent each member of my family ... 2x $25 and a $30.
cash value of $5 or $6 if you prefer. I see no experation date.
Sponsored Links
Old November 4th, 2001, 12:26 PM
Robocop

Default Re: Got Carnival Vouchers

Hi Cindy,
Count yourself lucky I guess. We recieved a total of $100 in vouchers for myself and my wife and $30 for my youngest son. Now I know that would cover ONE cruise we took on the Sensation in 96 but I am wondering about the cruises we took on the Ecstasy x 2, the Tropicale x 2 and once with 8 family members, also the Inspiration, Fascination, Imigination, Destiny, all of which were in the timeframe. We have done a couple other but they were more recent and not in the time frame. I wonder what happened to all those "vouchers" we should have been entitled to? <G> Also if you look ate the restrictions on the back in very small print you will see that this "discount" only applies to rates under the CPPC code which may not be even worthwhile as those rates may be higher than the normal discount available, even after the use of the voucher! Additionally there is a limit to the amount that you can use on any one cruise such as $200 for a seven night per individual BUT, if you combine it with your cabin mate you can only have a TOTAL of $300 per stateroom and that would include if you had four people in the room! Not much of a settlement IMHO. How much would you like to bet the attorney's didn't get paid in any 'steenking vouchers' <>
Jim
Old November 4th, 2001, 02:04 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Jim

if you don't mind and not too much trouble.....what lawsuit are you and Candy talking about? thanks
Semper Fi
Rick
Old November 4th, 2001, 05:01 PM
Robocop

Rick,
What happened is that some enterprising attorney, <G>, filed a lawsuit against CCL accusing them of inflating the port fees they were charging during a certain period of time. CCL of course denies this and a settlement was made out of court whereby CCL would present passengers that cruised during this timeframe a voucher for a certain amount off any new cruises, or a certain cash settlement. This settlement has been tied up for a period of time but apparently all the little kinks have been worked out between the parties, (read that as meaning the attorneys have most likely been paid as much as they think they can get), and the vouchers are just now being issued. I am really not sure of the exact dates in question, but I THINK they are between 1996 and 1998. Someone else may be able to give you the exact details.
Jim
Old November 6th, 2001, 10:09 PM
Passenger

Do you know where I can find more information on the lawsuit? I was on CCL in 96 in the Western Carb. Did you get something in the mail?
Old November 7th, 2001, 10:38 PM
Robocop

Call CCL, (1-800-CARNIVAL) and request a copy of the information. If you didn't receive a copy of the lawsuit and settlement you are either outside of the timeframe or you are not longer at the address you were when you cruised and the mail didn't get forwarded to you.
Jim