Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 13th, 2001, 11:11 AM
girl

Default underage drinking

How strict are they about this? anyone know?
Sponsored Links
Old November 13th, 2001, 01:34 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: underage drinking

I was 21 on my last cruise and was carded when I ordered a drink.
Old November 13th, 2001, 01:39 PM
Russell Otway

on most of the newer carnival ships your age in in the computer system when you goto buy a drink, and it will block the sale if you are under 21.

hope that helps,

russell.
Old November 13th, 2001, 01:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

They're strict and often request your ID. Also, your sail & sign card has all your info (your name, date of birth, etc) encoded into it, including your picture!

Any other questions?
Old November 13th, 2001, 02:13 PM
girl

what if someone buys a drink for you?girl wrote:
>
> How strict are they about this? anyone know?
Old November 13th, 2001, 02:31 PM
Robocop

Girl,
Just forget it. Ever hear of "contributing to the delenquincy of a minor"? If you aren't old enough then simply don't drink alcohol. There is nothing magicial about booze that will make your cruise any better, and lots that will make it worse.
Jim
Old November 13th, 2001, 04:49 PM
girl

I didn't ask to be judged, robo - Just wanted people's past experieces on this. Chill out.
Old November 13th, 2001, 05:24 PM
Admiral

Actually, you need to "chill out" Girl. May I ask how old you are? You asked a question and were given good answers. If you are looking for someone to help you break or get around the drinking age laws,,,,,,me thinks you have come to the wrong place.
Old November 13th, 2001, 05:26 PM
Admiral

Default Re: add on

Also,,,,Robocop does'nt need to "chill out" cause he is already a very cool dude <G> lol
Old November 13th, 2001, 10:49 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

I am 24 and went on my 1st of 5 cruises at 21 and have been carded the first 3-4 days of the cruise for almost every drink on all 5 ships so if you really want to drink the only way you are gonna is if someone gets it for you and just so you know Carnival requires someone to be 25 in your cabin if you are under 21, good luck to you
Old November 14th, 2001, 09:48 AM
tanner

Default back off on girl, she is just asking

We don't know anything about her, she is just asking questions, and to come back with such aggressive replies is neither cool nor a helpful deterrant (if you are actually looking to curtail her potentially illegal activities rather than simply feel superior to a younger poster).

I know a lot of people on this board have older kids and tend to come from that perspective, which is great, but this board is usually pretty good about not bashing people before asking questions - why break that unwritten rule now?
Old November 14th, 2001, 01:49 PM
Robocop

Default Re: back off on girl, she is just asking

Tanner,
Questions asked, question answered. Nothing judgemental about it, just factual information and sound advice.
Jim
Old November 14th, 2001, 04:15 PM
Admiral

Tanner, her questions were asked and answered.......I see no "bashing" there. Girl just did'nt like the answers .
Old November 14th, 2001, 04:18 PM
Admiral

Lisa, what if she is only 14 or 15 yo ...would you still wish her luck. Unless, I missed something..we don't know her age. (???) My last word on this post <G>
Old November 14th, 2001, 07:26 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to LifeIsCruising

It can happen. It does happen. My 16 yo had her first experience with alcohol on our Fascination cruise in August. We found out after we got back home that some older kids had bought it for her. Where there's a will, there's a way I guess. Not appropriate. Not Legal. Not safe. Not smart. If your "harsh" words might make "girl" think twice all the better.
Old November 15th, 2001, 07:38 PM
First Mate

It looks like most lines are strict about this, however, in port is another story. Remember, you are visiting a foreign country when you go to most ports, expecially in the Carribean. Each country has its own laws and regulations which you are subject to. The only thing the U. S. embassy can do for you is to make sure you are being treated humanely while in prison, and give you a list of local attorneys. Contact either the State department or the embassys of the countries you will be visiting for information on liquor laws.

It sounds like you are between 18 and 21 or possably younger. My advice would to be EXTREMELY careful with alcoholic drinks. The overwhelming majority of sexual assaults on college campuses involved alcohol. Remember, you don't have to be drunk to have a good time. I've been there, done that, AND I'M NEVER GOING BACK!
Old November 16th, 2001, 11:49 AM
Passenger

I cruised three years ago with my son then age 17 and believe me he found alcohol. This was not with my permission, but I found him in our cabin, toasted and he was then ill on the entire trip back home. Maybe things have changed and teens can't obtain alcohol so easily. He told me other people bought it for him. I would certainly hope that teens can no longer find it so easy to get drunk on the ship. The problem is if a teen wants to drink they will probably find a way. There are so many other things to enjoy and you don't have to get wasted to have a good time. As a parent, I would hope no one would buy alcohol for an underage person. At least we could do our part not to make it so easy for kids to actually ruin their good time with booze.
Old November 17th, 2001, 12:08 AM
First Mate

Didn't you see her question of the l3th? She was asked "what if someone buys it for you?" A definite sign she is hoping someone will buy it for her. Where there's a will, unfortunately, there's a way. Some teen girls in our group were offered pot on a ship a few years ago by some kids they had met on board the first evening. What the offerers didn't realize was their offer quickly put the squeaks on some blossoming friendships. The girls just saw them as immature losers after that. I was naive, I guess, & surprised those kids were able to get it on board. I figured there were dogs sniffing luggage or something (like when you disembark). What's really ashame is the people who buy it for the underage kids. THEY are the ones that should be kicked off the ship!
Old December 21st, 2001, 04:13 AM
Cruise Maniac

I'm 20, will be 21 in april . . . too bad cuz i'm going on my cruise before that . . . drinking is no big deal why make it one ? I feel sorry for the parents on here that had their kids get wasted at such a young age. . . that's too bad, trust me I would never do that . . . but my sister is going w/ our family and she's 23 . . . the last two nights I was at the bars drinking ILLEGALLY . . haha can you believe it ? ya' know drinking is not a big deal to me at all, but you better believe I'll be drinking, not because I have to, but because I want to. I respect Robocop and Rick for not liking what I'm going to be doing, but also realize I'm a college student on break and I'm just gonna do my own thing. I won't be yelling or puking on your shoes, so just relax. In my opinion anyone from the ages 18-20 shouldn't be looked down on for breaking the rules. When you're on your vacation have fun and do your own thing . . . . . cuz you can guarantee I'll be doing mine . . . .

on a side note, anybody around my age younger or older feel free to message me at bllindsa@mtu.edu