Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 13th, 2001, 05:36 PM
Yeoman

Default March 30 sailing triumph need info

We are sailing on the Triumph MARCH 30-april 6. eastern carib. We are a family of five ages 43,42,15,13,10. Would like any info on this ship,packing tips, deck
chairs etc. We are staying on lido deck. Is this going to be too noisy? We
know this cruise will be crowded. Any tips to make our first cruise more enjoyable?This is our first cruise. Sincerely, Carol
Sponsored Links
Old November 14th, 2001, 09:55 PM
Passenger

Default Re: March 30 sailing triumph need info

..You picked a great ship for your first. Just sailed the Triumph 11/03. Your ten and 13 year old will love Camp Carnival (Your 15 year old MAY be "above it all"
at that age..but they have avtivities for that age as well.lotsa disco dancing).
My advice to you as a first timer: Just be prepared to have fun...you will be in awe of the size and beauty of the ship at first, but don't have preformulated "Love Boat"
type expectations. Make sure and take advantage of as many activities as you can....Remember, you can get a full 8 hours when you get back home.
You WILL have the vacation of a lifetime!

Mitch
Sensation 01/02
Triumph 11/03/01
Imagination 11/00
Paradise 01/00
Holiday 11/98
Norway 86
Mardi Gras 86
Old November 19th, 2001, 07:14 PM
Linda T.

Hi,
Your going to have a great time!!! I just got off the Triumph on Saturday. We were like pouting babies. You will enjoy being on the lido deck. We were one deck under you. It was great to be so close to the pools and the buffets. your kids will love camp carnival. I had my 16 year old son with us and altho he thought he was to old to hang out with them he ended up doing it and had a blast. Your younger kids are the perfect age for it. The water slide is a blast, make sure you go down it a few times. The outside decks are pretty crowded and people tend to try to save deck chairs, don't let it get you down, just ask the people around the chairs if they are being used. Most of the time the people are gone and just left their towels. DO get involved. They will have countless activities planned. It is always so funny to watch yourself on the video diary the next day. Make sure you go see the embarkation talk the first night. it will set the tone for the whole trip. If they have the bedtime story you've got to see it, it was the funniest show I've ever seen and this was my 28th cruise!! The food was great on this ship, If you order something you don't like don't be shy about letting your waiter know. He'll gladly bring you something else. Also if you are put at a table with people you don't think you'll get along with, don't suffer in silence, all you have to do is talk to the head waiter and you'll be moved to another table. out on the deck they have great pizza, deli sandwiches, a hongkong noodle factory, a hamburger grille and a very good buffet. You'll never go hungry. There is also 24 hour room service for sandwiches or a continental breakfast if you want, make sure you tip them when they bring it, it's not included in the other tips. Another tip is to try not to over pack, I still do and I don't understand it. I always end up with clothes that i haven't worn when I'm packing to go home. Make sure you take comfortable clothes. If you have a dress that fits tight when you leave, wear it the first formal night, it probably won't fit the last one. If your like most of us that is. Cruising makes you hungry. Your going to have a great time. She really is a beautiful ship. Have fun!!
Old January 30th, 2002, 03:15 AM
Passenger

Hi Carol
Old January 30th, 2002, 03:25 AM
Passenger

Hi Carol
My husband and I and our two teen daughters will be on 3/30 sailing.It will be our 11th and kids 9th cruise.Are your kids boys or girls? Im sure our girls would like to meet.The kids always make friends fast and hang out all week.It is important that they go to the teen get-together the first night as the kids group together fast and harder to meet others after that b/c many have already met friends.Feel free to e-mail me with any ??.We have been on Carnival 9x.