Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 24th, 2005, 11:48 PM
cruzin

Default differences between Cat 11 & 12

I am thinking about booking either a Category 11 or 12 on the new Liberty next year. Does anybody know what the differences between the two are? I would assume the category 12 is larger, but I wonder by how much.

If anyone has any info on these two categories it would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old January 25th, 2005, 05:36 AM
bjkeen

Default Re: differences between Cat 11 & 12

On the Inspiration during a ship inspection the only difference that I saw was that cat. 12 had a jacuzzi in the bathroom. Both categories were great in my opinion. The cabins (suites) are larger than the others. Plus there is an area in the cabin designed like a sitting room. And there was a divider between the beds so I had the feeling I was standing in two different rooms (even though I knew I wasn't).

Carnival has pictures of the different categories if you want to see them. You can go to www.carnival.com, create a sign on and choose your favorite ship, then click on the virtual tour of the cabins and you will see the differences.

A good day at sea is better than an excellent day at work.

Pictures -
http://community.webshots.com/user/bjkeen100
More pictures -
http://www.webspawner.com/users/bjkeen/index.html
My web page -
www.twinstravel.net
Old January 25th, 2005, 05:19 PM
jim & lolita

I hope this is not confusing, but it kind of jumped out at me when I saw the pictures of the Conquest. From the deck plans, it looks like the suites are the same depth as regular cabins. Looking at pictures of the balconies from the dock it looks like the width of two Cat. 11 suites equals the width of three standard balcony rooms, and it looks as if the width of one Cat. 12 equals the width of two standard balcony rooms.
Just as an example: If a standard balcony room is 10' X 20', then the Cat. 11 would be 15' X 20', and the Cat. 12 would be 20' X 20'. (I was looking at where the balcony partitions were aligned with the balcony cabins above Deck 7 on the Conquest. Most Cat. 11 and 12 suites are on Deck 7 (empress).)

This is for the Conquest, but the deck plans look almost the same as Liberty.

Just to cut through all the BS from my post above, check out this website for a virtual tour.

http://www.virtualtoursusa.com/galleryships.htm
Old January 25th, 2005, 09:58 PM
First Mate

Default Sq. footages listed Re: differences between Cat 11 & 12

I have cruised the Carnival Destiny before in a Cat 8 and looking forward to a Cat 11 next cruise.
The info I have collected so far. It is based on square footages.
level 8 = 220 sq.feet total: room 185 + 35 balcony (two plastic type chairs and small plastic table-based on last cruise.)
level 9 =(the corner suites)260 sq.feet total: 185 room + 75 balcony (less privacy on balcony though from what I read)
level 11=(Jr. mini suite)340 sq. feet total: 275 room + 65 balcony. (plastic chair & a lounger + table)
level 12= (Full suite )430 sq. feet total: 345 room + 85 balcony.

I really wanted to know what a Cat 11 looked like beside Carnival photos. I found this link from a photo gallery hope it works. (Scroll down to see photos of cabin from the Legend).
http://members.verizon.net/~georgeny/legendrev.htm

Post Edited (01-25-05 22:03)
Carnival Destiny June 2001, July 2005
NCL Southward June 1985 Honeymoon!
Old January 25th, 2005, 10:44 PM
runway

We have been in both, biggest difference is that in a 12 they have a bigger dressing/vanity room with closets, and a dresser and the bath does have a jacuzzi. A bit bigger in the couch area(wrap around) and the balcony seemed just about the same. Both had a fridge and nice marble counter, thay have a small entrance ,but the Cat 12 flows in and the enterance to bath and dressing room is not visable from door. The Cat 11 drssing door is just a bit off the enterance. Loved them both and the room it allowed when getting ready and the feeling of having space. The dressing room has a nice vanity and large mirror so great for the wife to get ready if you want to be showering and getting ready yourself.They are costly if you book and pay ,great if you get an upgrade to one. 1 we paid ,one (Cat12) was an upgrade. We had that our 1st cruise and were so hooked we can't go without a balcony. Well worth it since you feel wonderful your whole trip.
Old January 27th, 2005, 11:14 PM
Yeoman

We had a cat 11 on the Glory and it is about the size of 1 &1/2 regular balcony rooms. It does have a jacuzzi tub and "regular sized" bathroom verses the tiny shower curtained one in a balcony and more closet space, double the closet space of a balcony room. The cat 12 had a bidet and a larger jacuzzi and a little larger sitting area, and a little more closet space.

Enjoy!

Conquest
Glory
Valor