Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 19th, 2001, 03:34 PM
Beerman

Default Mexico

Thank you for all your comments about Carnivals mislaid payment and true, a coke card does not nearly compensate the stress and aggrevation put on us by their embarkation officer for almost throwing us off the ship for non-payment until they called my T.A........but this is not a gripe. It happens and the bottum line is "carry your documentation" until you disembark at the end of the cruise. They have alot of paperwork and sometimes humans do make typo's.
I was not impressed with the way they handled this but the cruise was otherwise great, the ship was fantastic and they did not bother us again.
I plan on cruising Carnival again but until I am at least one day into the vacation will keep my defenses up. May not seem like much of a vacation then.

P.S. I left NO tips. Do you blame me?
Sponsored Links
Old November 19th, 2001, 03:45 PM
Moondawgie

Default Re: Mexico

I don't know your story, but you said the rest of your trip was great except for this "documentation" problem. So, why didn't you tip? I must have missed something about the staff here. How do they relate to your problem with paperwork?
Old November 19th, 2001, 04:13 PM
Admiral

You should have tipped. You say other than doc prob, the cruise was great. Sounds like (just an opinion <G>) that you took advantage of an admin error to be cheap.
Old November 19th, 2001, 05:22 PM
Candy

I think you still should have tipped your cabin steward and dining room staff. Its not thier fault. I also think you should write to Carnival Customer Relations dept in Miami. Tell them what happened. They will most likly try to make it up to you with more than just a soda card. Probably a discount on your next cruise.
Old November 20th, 2001, 11:11 AM
Robocop

Beerman my friend. You will not get any better reactions about not tipping on this board than you did on the Chit-Chat board. I understand you were upset but not tipping the staff was just wrong IMHO.
Jim
Old November 20th, 2001, 04:22 PM
Chyna_c

I want to hear the story....but sounds like the wrong people were penalized...IMO

Chyna
Old November 25th, 2001, 01:34 AM
Gayle

Sorry you must've been quite uncomfortable for a while there. Seems like everyone is all over you about not tipping. I can understand that. I do agree but let me tell you why; One time, we went with friends who had never cruised. They tipped what they felt they could afford not knowing the consequences. Well they were upset because at the very last meal our regular waiter was not there. We found out later he was demoted because he did not get full tipping from his tables. It was assumed by his supervisors that he did not get full tips because he did not do a good job. Our friends were horrified that their decision caused this problem for our waiter who was very good. They then went to the maitre de and explained their inexperience and apologized; he was moved back to his position however he was up for a promotion beforer all of this happened but did not get the promotion.
Old November 25th, 2001, 01:37 PM
Robocop

Gayle,
Something is wrong here. How would the head waiter find out how much you tipped? Tipping isn't normally done until the last meal anyway so he should not have had any tips prior to that. The only way he is demoted is because of complaints by his customers directly to the head waiter, or on the comment cards, or because of observations made by the head waiter personally. Tips have nothing to do with it.
Jim
Old November 26th, 2001, 12:08 AM
Gayle

I am just relaying what the other waiter told us. Also the matre d was his brother.

Gayle