Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 22nd, 2001, 11:42 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default 9 travelling together

Nine of us will be travelling together for the Dec 30th sailing of the Paradise. We booked together with the same TA and using Carnival air as it is cheaper from Canada. So my questions are:

1) what's the chance of us all getting on the same plane down to Miami?

2) can we assume since we asked to all sit together in the dining room we will?

3) we suspect that our plane back home will be late in the day and were hoping to explore Miami a bit without luggage. Any suggestions on how to do this?

4) we were on the Destiny last winter break, how does this ship rate in comparison?

OK I know I got too many but responses to any of them are greatly appreciated.
Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Old November 22nd, 2001, 01:49 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: 9 travelling together

Hi Breeze,
I think it may be too late, but in the future, you may want to look into doing an air deviation. You can pick the flights, times, airline, etc. There is a charge for this, usually anywhere from $35-$50. If at all possible you can try to fly down a day early too, just to make sure you have some time to explore before the cruise.

As for the dinning arrangements, if you all booked together and requested the same time, hopefully you will be seated together, if not just see the Madre'D once on board and see what can be done.

Have a great cruise

Tuesday Chat Host
Old November 22nd, 2001, 08:52 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi We chose a seat sale with Air Canada - the price was $300- to 400 less than with Carnival air price. Even with transfer that quite a saving may recheck with your t.a. as we could pay with Canadian dollars Laurie
Old November 23rd, 2001, 07:12 AM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks for the response. Should have mentioned we did pay in Canadian (thank goodness) and that we did pay for the air deviation.
Donna, we are flying down on Dec 30th cannot imagine there would be a seat sale at that time and with 9 of us going cannot take the risk of waiting for one. The flight is costing us about 450 (I think) each ticket which we thought was great for that time of year.

Anyone can answer my questions 3 and 4?
Old November 24th, 2001, 06:06 PM
Chyna_C

4. The Paradise is a fantasy class ship with a completely different layout than the Sprit/Destiny class ships but I have heard great things about the Paradise as there is no smoking aboard. I would like to try that ship myself.

3. Only if you have a hotel room in Miami would you be able to "store" luggage. Since 9/11 you can't check it early at the airport even. I am sure there is a "creative" solution but I am not familiar with Miami at all.

Have a great time!!!
Chyna