Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 30th, 2001, 05:57 PM
First Mate

Default shore tours

Help this is the first cruise for our family. How do they book this tours on the boat in your cabin or at the desk,etc? We arrive at 7am on Grand Cayman and leave at 4pm is there time to do two shore tours?
Thanks for the help.
Julie
Sponsored Links
Old November 30th, 2001, 07:34 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: shore tours

Hi Julie,
You should receive a whole list of the shore excersions when you get your final documents. Take a good look at them and have some idea of what you want to do in each port. Once you are onboard, you will have to go and sign up for the ones you want, probibaly by the purcers office, and do remember, some popular tours do sell out quickly.

As for Grand Cayman, I highly recommend doing an excersion to Sting Ray City and snorkel with the sting rays, its awesome and you should have enough time for that, but not a lot for much else.

Here is a link to some great information for first cruisers:

<http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/cruiseguide/first-time/index.cfm>

BTW, what CArnival ship are you cruising on?
Have a great time!

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old November 30th, 2001, 07:45 PM
Robocop

Julie,
When you first board you will find a form for purchaseing ships tours in your cabin along with a discription of each tour. You can fill the form out in your cabin and then take it to the shore excursion desk and drop it off in the box there. They will also have talks prior to each port and inform you of the excursions available and you can also sign up then if there is still room. As for the number of tours you can do in Grand Cayman, or any port for that matter, it depends on the tour lenght and scheduling. You can look at all that on the information sheet in your cabin.
Jim
Old December 1st, 2001, 02:27 PM
William Coleman

Julie,
You can go to this link on Carnivals website to see what is offered. As Donna said StingRay Sandbar tour is awesome.
http://www.carnival.com/ShoreTours/ShTours.asp
This usually cost about $40 booking onboard or about $25 booking with an independent tour operator at the dock.
I will be tight trying to get 2 excursions in.
If I remember correctly I just laid in bed and booked my excursions over the interactive TV. Tickets were left in room by the cabin steward when the room was made up.
Good Luck and have a great cruise.
Bill
Old December 1st, 2001, 07:05 PM
Yeoman

In the newer ships you can book the excursions through you television set like mentioned and in the older ships you have to take the form to the box as mentioned.

Make sure that you book the excursions early as the good ones tend to sell out quickly. We generally drop our stuff in the cabin and then take the excursion sheet to lunch with us and fill it out and drop it off on the way back to the cabin. They are booked in first come first serve order.

If you want the excursion list with prices now just call or e-mail Carnival and ask them for the excursion list for your particular ship and sailing. They should e-mail or fax it to you within 24 business hours.