Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 2nd, 2001, 03:51 AM
Therese

Default Gratuities? tips?

Hi

the fare we are paying for Spirit states that it "includes gratuities". Is this the same as tipping?

We don't have tipping in Australia so it is a part of a culture that is difficult for us to get used to and something we don't always feel comfortable with. Does having our gratuitues pre-paid excuse us from this awkward situation?

Therese
Sponsored Links
Old December 2nd, 2001, 12:22 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: Gratuities? tips?

Therese..
Yes it should. With pre paid tips I'd expect you'll get receipts of payment of the gratuities.
Many tour operators in Canada have been offering optional gratuities included packages for awhile now. They're just tacking on the tips to the cost. Then the passengers were given receipts to pass on to the staff.

Regards,
Kuki
Old December 2nd, 2001, 08:06 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to Storm'n Norman

Therese,
I cruise with Carnival at least 4 times a year and am Australia's most prolific Carnival cruiser. When are you cruising and how many in your group? I will be cruising by myself on the SPIRIT on 6th January sailing from Miami. It will be my 20th cruise aboard Carnival since 1995 and I have just returned from the VICTORY (Thanksgiving Cruise 18-25th November).
Drop me a line and I can explain anything you need to know about cruising in the USA (including information on gratuities and tipping etc.).
Regards,
Storm'n Norman (Aussie Cruise-a-holic)
cclcruiseaholic@hotmail.com
Old December 2nd, 2001, 08:22 PM
Robocop

Hi Therese, if so stated than yes your tips are pre-paid. You should get cards to show this to present to your staff. You can also adjust tips up or down at your discretion by going to the pursers office while onboard.
Jim