CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Child Custody Documents (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/186929-child-custody-documents.html)

Karen December 5th, 2001 03:29 PM

Child Custody Documents

Hi,
I have read a few posts regarding this topic already but I thought I would look for additional advise. My ex-husband and I share joint custody of our daughter. My daughter will be accompanying me on a cruise in a few weeks and it has been suggested (since our last names are different) that I have a notarized letter, signed by my ex-husband, stating that he is aware of my travel plans as they involve my daughter and has granted his permission as the other parent. I think this is smart idea and I will have no problem from the ex about this. My question is this...........does anyone out there have an example of a letter that I could use? Not sure of the legal-eeze that I should use and if a letter with standard language exists out there, I would really appreciate recieving a copy. Thanks

michelle December 5th, 2001 03:55 PM

Re: Child Custody Documents

Hi

I e-mailed carnival about this as my children have a different surname and they informed me I only needed the childrens passport, so thats all I am taking, but I am also travelling with Princess and they want new marriage cert! childrens passport! and a letter from my ex! Have got him to sign just a brief letter stating it is ok for them to travel with me. I wonder if he was taking them if all this would be required, I think not.

Anyway hope this helps bye for now

Linda T. December 5th, 2001 05:25 PM

Hi,
I just got off the Triumph last month, I had my 16 year old son with me. I have remarried and have a different last name than him. They never questioned anything about it. She did look at his birth certificate and then at mine and I guess that since she saw that my first and middle names were the same on both documents that it was me. I had a notorized letter with me tho just in case. It simply stated that I had his dads permission to take him on the Triumph on the November 10th sailing.
I have also taken my stepsons on cruises and have never been questioned about it. have a great cruise.

lizygirl3 December 5th, 2001 07:52 PM

I, (Husbands Name) give my ex-wife who has joint custody , permission to travel with (Name of child) on Oct 6, 2001 for the purpose of a cruise upon Carnival's Jubilee. Itsí itinerary is as such:

(Give a itinerary of cruise)

We also give permission for (son or daughter) to be treated medically if necessary before, during or after this cruise. I am fully aware and grant my consent.

Signed _______________________________________

Signed________________________________________

Witness_______________________________________

Notary________________________________________

Karen December 6th, 2001 04:03 PM

Hey thanks!! Sounds very "lawyer-ish". Appreciate all the help and responses!!

Karen

Karen December 7th, 2001 08:45 PM

Just returned from Mexico. I had a notarized statement from son's father, but was not asked for the statement.

Lizzy December 10th, 2001 05:44 PM

It is always better to have the paperwork handy. Especially when travelling. Depending on the places you visit, or in case of emergencies
having this document is handy.

Most places will not ask for the document.

michelle December 23rd, 2001 04:59 PM

Hi

Have just returned from Triumph & Golden Princess. We were not asked for any documents other than passports.

Took birth cert, marriage cert and letter from ex nothing was asked for.
Had a great time, any questions just email

bye